Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Chain Reaction Say This…You Say?
  • mikehopkins
    Free Member

“Hi Mike,
    I have spoken with our workshop mechanic.
    There is no reason why these headset cups cannot be used again in the replacement frame. A professional bike mechanic can remove them and press them into the new frame…”

I know that cups can be used again but I brought a frame from CRC and had some new hope cups pressed into it (that are new) and I kinda want them to replace them since the frame they sent me had dents in it…
    Should they replace the cups?

Your thoughts please. 🙂

Thanks in advanced,

Mike

wwaswas

why not just transfer the existing hope cups to the new frame?

honourablegeorge

I can’t see any reason why they should replace your headset, no different to your seatpost, bottom bracket, or anything else you hang off the frame.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

There is no reason not to transfer the new headset, it won’t have any damage to it.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I have a tool to knock them out undamaged and refit, so sure CR will have them. Just wish they had a proper packaging department that knew one sheet of plastic between wheels will not protect them properly !!

scaredypants

Should they replace the cups?

no

spooky_b329

Pigs might fly 🙂 Posh headsets from the likes of Hope are meant to be swapped from frame to frame as you go through life.

xcstu
    Free Member

So if your forks were attached to the frame when you sent it back would you want them replacing too?? lol…

I like the idea but simple answer would be… No.

_tom_
    Free Member

There’s no need for them to be replaced, they’ll be fine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would just swap them over tbh even if you mark them it wone be anywhere you can see when installed.

I can see your point but i would not be that bothered personally

cyclistm
    Free Member

Who put the headset cups in?

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for your’ adive. 🙂
    sorry, was just wonderin’

IA

If they cups were new, they’re still new. As above, it’s like asking them to replace your forks, bars or indeed any other component on your bike! Should they replace the tyres too? 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Do you want new cups, or for them to move them to the new frame for you? I can understand your case for the latter – if you’ve paid for having them fitted then why should you pay again. However, there is no reason you should get new cups.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I was a bit silly. I thought once the cups were pressed in that was kinda it.

I sent them a message saying I’ll get the cups transfered.

But should they pay for the labour cost of getting the new frame prepped and such?

wwaswas

you can ask them to do it and they might but it probably comes unbder ‘consequential loss’ so may be no legal requirement for them to do it.

timc
    Free Member

douche bag

mikehopkins
    Free Member

timc – Member

douche bag

Bit strong perhaps…

honourablegeorge

mikehopkins – Member

But should they pay for the labour cost of getting the new frame prepped and such?

Most warranties specifically exclude that kind of thing.

IanMunro
    Free Member

douche bag

This is British forum. Please refrain from using American cussing, you window licking bell end.

bigbloke
    Free Member

😆 ^^^

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Say This…You Say?’ is closed to new replies.