Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • CHAIN REACTION CYCLES DELIVERY ISSUES
  • highpeakrider
    Free Member

On the other side I ordered some wheels from wiggle last night and they arrived at lunchtime today.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Still no despatch email – quite tempted to see if I can cancel order as have seen post on wiggle for same money……

Goodbye CRC – it was good once!

A

chestrockwell

I ordered a fair bit of stuff a few weeks back and it arrived within 3 to 4 days and not in a box bigger than needed. Had to return the 5 Tens which were refunded in no time.

They can still get it right.

Robz
    Free Member

Ive used them a few times recently and it’s been patchy. All the stuff I bought with regular shipping came via Royal Mail within two days. Great! All the stuff I needed quickly, and thus paid for express postage took four/ five days and came via Yodel (and sat in their local-to-me depot all (sunny) weekend as a result – how annoying!)

Still – nae bad but not good enough for my impatient temperament. I will still use them though. I’m sure it will settle down.

I have returned a few things too but that has all gone smoothly.

Also ordered from Evans, Wiggle and Stif and they all arrived bang on schedule – next day.

stevious

I ordered some tyres but they sent me a box of severed hands instead.

oikeith

I think I’m about to get CRC’d, ordered a reverb last friday, got the dispatch email monday with a collect plus tracking code.

Looking up the code it says still with sender! Usually I’d have had the parcel yesterday! I’ve used collect plus many times for deliveries and returns and the tracking is always spot on.

andy_hamgreen

lol – ‘get CRC’d’
    yes – me too – order ‘lost’
    same thing for one of my pals last week
    what’s going on there – are they trying to exit the business ?

Jakester
    Free Member

This is a massive change to their previous sterling reputation.

I used to use CRC safe in the knowledge that even if you didn’t opt for next day delivery, 19 times out of 20 it would turn up the next day.

From the postings on here it looks like they’re well into squandering that huge reserve of goodwill built up over the last nearly 20 years…

matt_outandabout

A mere seven days after it was meant to be dispatched according to the order notice, I have been sent this at 11:30am today. I am leaving office at 5pm – do we think the shysters that are Yodel will just return it as the office will be closed and reception is a 75metre walk away?

Yodel – Your parcel from WIGGLE is on its way and out for delivery today.

It will be delivered by 7pm.

😐

beefheart
    Free Member

My worst instance of being CRC’d was them sending me the wrong size dropper to the one I ordered, losing it after I returned it and refusing to refund.
    PayPal wouldn’t refund as their robotic customer service only acknowledged an item had been sent, and I couldn’t do a bank chargeback as I paid with money from in my PayPal account- so no bank record.
    £140 stolen by CRC. 🙁

simondbarnes

what’s going on there – are they trying to exit the business ?

Well I presume you’re aware that they were bought by Wiggle and the warehouse(s) have been (or are in the process of) moved to somewhere in England so you’re not really dealing with the CRC of old these days.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

My worst instance of being CRC’d was them sending me the wrong size dropper to the one I ordered, losing it after I returned it and refusing to refund.
    PayPal wouldn’t refund as their robotic customer service only acknowledged an item had been sent, and I couldn’t do a bank chargeback as I paid with money from in my PayPal account- so no bank record.
    £140 stolen by CRC.

Shit! Surprised you didn’t try the old

‘do I need to use social media to move this case along?’

tjagain

YOu get what you pay for. Want premium customer service pay premium prices

clubby

Half and half at the moment. Worst one was an order that took 2 weeks and was sent as three separate items.
    Bad situation when Wiggle manage to deliver next day with no issue.

What really bugs me is different pricing between CRC and Wiggle despite the fact that the cheaper CRC items arrive via Wiggle anyway.

Just wish Merlin kept a bigger range of stuff. Never had a issue with any order from them.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Got a new frame. Third one from CRC, this one’s been welded together straight yay, right let’s get it built up……….oh errrr mmmhh where’s the **** derailleur hanger 😡

ransos
    Free Member

Not so. CRC used to be cheap and good.

teenrat

My friend recently ordered a pair of lizard skins gloves from CRC (£7). They sent him a box containing 30 pairs!

superstu
    Free Member

My friend recently ordered a pair of lizard skins gloves from CRC (£7). They sent him a box containing 30 pairs!

That’s funny. Did he put his hands up (pun intended) and let them know what happened?!

I ordered a brand x dropper on the weekend, dispatch email only arrived today but so did the post. So 4 days, with free delivery – happy with that.

psycorp
    Free Member

tjagain – Member

Lol

Really?

stennah
    Free Member

Wiggle collect plus ordered Friday ready for pick up Monday afternoon can’t fault wiggle however CRC…….

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Orders Sunday…. Processing until midnight yesterday and literally ten mins ago I hear a noise at the front door (no knock).

Mr yodel turd bump just placed my package on my doorstep (not even in a wiggle / crc box so quite clearly the whole world could see what it was). I worked from home luckily today… Package apparently required a signature. Which to yodel means just throw on doorstep. Turnips. Don’t know how they are still in buisness (yodel not crc but that’s another matter).

Grrrrrrrrrr

Idiots.

Oh well at least I have my package now.

Jakester
    Free Member

tjagain – Member

You must know that’s not true? People are annoyed because CRC used to be the exemplar of excellent customer service and decent pricing for years. Now they’re neither.

spacehopper

ordered a seatpost and brake cable earlier this week..

the seatpost turned up yesterday in a box so small in relation to it that they had to remove the original packaging and fold that inside the box.. which is fine..

the brake cable arrived today.. in this.. (bent 30cm ruler for scale)

456mocha
    Free Member

My delivery of random stuff from Planet X, via Yodel, arrived complete and on time (next day) and well boxed! Threads on STW seems to suggest this is a nightmare combo. Never had a problem with Yodel deliveries here. (no connection to either company BTW).

funkrodent

Ordered a new set of DT Swiss road wheels on Monday. Paid for 2-3 day delivery. Not even had a dispatch email. Spoke to customer services just now, apparently it has been held up in the system and she will expedite it forthwith. As mentioned a few times above CRC are now owned by Wiggle and all these issues are being caused by them migrating to the Wiggle warehouse in UK and the fulfillment software that it uses. Apparently this doesn’t talk very well to the CRC back-end (what a huuuge surprise) and – critically – doesn’t flag up when orders get stuck in the way that has happened to mine (and lots others on here by all accounts).

They’re refunding me the £2.99 that I paid for priority delivery. Which is nice but kind of misses the point.

Lets see if they resolve it (I’ve been told should be dispatched today). At the moment I for one will give them the benefit of the doubt, they haven’t quite reached PLanetX levels of disarray and deceit, but they need to resolve these issues pretty quickly.

As said above I’ve never, ever had an issue with Merlin and would happily use them for everything if they just had more choice..

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ordered a jet wash, 2 base layers and a bike on Monday afternoon using free delivery.

Jet wash & base layers turned up today, Yodel courier knocked on the door, the wife answered and signed for them. Base layers in a polythene postage bag and jet wash in a brown box that the retail packaging fitted snugly. So no complaints from me.

Bike coming via Royal Mail 48hr signed for, dispatched today – well within their 3-5 day dispatch advice on bikes, I expect it’ll turn up Monday.

Never had any issues with CRC or Wiggle if I’m honest

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

You must know that’s not true? People are annoyed because CRC used to be the exemplar of excellent customer service and decent pricing for years. Now they’re neither.

This. Used to be the case there was no point them having an express delivery option as you always seemed to get it next day anyway. And I once returned a helmet using recorded delivery (so my choice), when they refunded me the purchase price of the helmet they also paid me the difference between recorded and standard delivery which is the sort of extra-mile stuff you might hope from an LBS.

They used to have the best prices in the world (look at all the reviews from customers in Oz, NZ, USA etc etc) and amazingly quick delivery. Now they are seldom the cheapest (often more expensive than Wiggle which is irritating at best given it’s the same company) and, at least whilst the merger is going on, have poor and patchy delivery and CS. Pricing-wise it’s almost as if they’ve added 10% to take into account BC codes 🙄

They’re no longer my first port of call, which they had been since the magazine advert days of yore mentioned above.

downshift

It took a week from ordering to receiving my dropper post, bars and grips, but at less than £125 all in I’m not complaining.

funkrodent

Update. After being promised on Friday that wheels would be expedited and dispatched same day, got to today (Tuesday) with nothing despatched, no response to yesterday’s email (you can no longer call them on a Monday) and ultimately NO WHEELS!
    Spoke to nice lady in Northern Ireland who said they’re still ‘stuck’ in the system. Yeah right. Cancelled order and have now ordered slightly poorer quality set of wheels from Merlin. CR are giving me a £5 voucher to say sorry. Which is nice but kind of misses the point particularly given that I have no real intention of using them again (or is that part of their cunning plan)…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bike turned up today, within 48 business hours of being dispatched – mushn’t grumble

woodster

Placed an order yesterday just before 5, paid for the tracked service (always given me much quicker results recently0 and it was here before 10 this morning. Via Yodel as well. Perhaps they’re trying a bit harder now.

funkrodent

Update to the update. Purchased wheels at 1pm from Merlin. Dispatched same day, will be with me this afternoon. Makes it all seem so simple.

Hopefully they’ll sort it out, but I’m going to treat with caution for the time being..

z1ppy

I have mentioned this before but I’ll elaborate, I know a packer in the wiggle warehouse in Walsall. He says it’s been a nightmare ever since all of CRC’s stock was transferred over. They keep throwing temp staff with little or no training (& on occasion few English speakers) & managers are just shouting at them to get the job done, but paying no attention to the trained staff who are still doing the job well. To the point the ‘good’ staff are now leaving as their so fustrated & sick of being shouted at. Now theirs talk of them taking over another uk mail order company! (With the German deal on the back burner but not forgotten)

superram
    Free Member

Ordered some Hope Shifter and a pair of TLD gloves the other week on Collect +. As soon as the shop assistant handed me the plastic mail(!) bag it was p**sing liquid out everywhere. Huge split across the bottom of the bottle resulting in a third of it being lost….oh and the trigger was missing too. Gloves were also soaking wet…
    On the other hand…ordered a new bar on Thursday night (Collect + again), got a text this (Saturday) morning to say it was ready to pick up…..maybe there is hope.

tomd
    Free Member

I ordered some big tights and a chain 9 days ago. Shown as “dispatched” on the 11th but still not been delivered. Tracking shows it just arrived at my local depot on Friday.

My last two orders took ages as well (2+ weeks). I don’t exactly live out in the sticks either.

For me now CRC are only getting used for stuff when they’re the cheapest (BC discount helps) and I don’t need it for 3 weeks. Been using Halfords (click and collect), Merlin and my LBS more recently.

5plusn8
    Free Member

As others have said, even with free delivery they used to dispatch same day. That stopped a couple of years ago though. I have had major slowness issues with my last orders too.
    I’ve never been much of a wiggle customer anyway.

So which retailer is the next big thing?

sr0093193
    Free Member

Ordered a cone spanner and jacket from wiggle – paid for next day delivery as ill be in. Box turned up with just a cone spanner invoiced for both. Jacket sent via a different courier (myherpes) no idea where it is but it certainly didnt arrive the next day. Not confident im going to see it.

paulsrod
    Free Member

Ordered a tacx smart trainer on 17th ,order cancelled 18th out of stock. Still showing as stock available today (Sunday), Think problem is they have expanded too quick joining wiggle and then merging with german company, shame.

Ordered gear from Tredz so we will see, even here sage pay wasn’t available so had to use PayPal. Alternate Irish firm is Slane cycles, had good service from them.

flamingm0
    Free Member

Yep Tredz here too, seem to keep a good range and discount vouchers for repeat business are a bonus.

davosaurusrex

I know they’ve been crap lately but I ordered two reverbs Saturday at half five, despatched half three yesterday and at the shop for collection quarter to ten this morning. That’s verging on remarkable.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘CHAIN REACTION CYCLES DELIVERY ISSUES’ is closed to new replies.