Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chain guide choice – which one for single ring?
  • goby

Hi,
    Looking at chain guides and bit overwhelmed has anyone got one they would recommend?. I was looking at e13 srs and the straitline slient guide anyone any expreince of them? I will be runing it on a hardtail with a 36t front ring only.

Much apprecaite the help!

djflexure

Just done the same – was going to get the straitline but none available in the size needed (although I think they are back in stock). Fitted the SRS instead. Easy setup using ISCG tabs. Ridden a couple of times. No noise. Chain stayed put. Nice quality on the chainguide. Very pleased with it. Bash looks a bit plasticy – I got the red one cheap, black might have been better. The bash is also really thick and requires long chainring bolts (not supplied). I am running without the bash at present.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Running on MRP Mini-G2. Only one ride on it so far but easy to setup and no chain loss so far. Always used to use MRP devices when I used to ride downhill bikes and never had a problem with them.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have a Gamut P20, was easy to set up and seems ok so far. Have also had an LG1 & SRS, both worked ok.

momo

I’ve just got a superstar plasma chainguide, not fitted it yet, but seems fairly light. Only problem is no built in taco type thing, but it depends what you want it for.

goby

Ah thanks for the help guys will see what offers i can find on the net for the e13 and see if i can find a straitline in stock somewhere!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

To be honest, I’d go with the superstar one. Its half the price of all the others and works just aswell (my mate has one)

goby

Woo the super star one is cheap!, going to give that one a go for the price! Thanks!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Or look at the Goldtec Manacle. Simple and built like a brick sh*t house. Bit of a forgotten gem…

Plus I have one knocking about I’m not using. BB mount, really good nic, £15.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I run a superstar one on the cx bike-for £16 you can’t go wrong!

petefromearth

mods – has the search function stopped working? i can’t seem to view old threads

edit, just saw the sticky, sorry. good luck sorting it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chain guide choice – which one for single ring?’ is closed to new replies.