Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cellar conversion company in Sheffield
  • eichler
    Free Member

Just bought a house in sheffield and I'm looking into getting the cellar sorted. Needs a membrane and concrete floor to make a good workshop and bike storage area. I don't think full tanking would be required as the floor is not very damp, the walls are dry and it does not flood at all.

Anyone had this kind of work done? Got any ball park prices? Any good companies?

Some info would be great.

cheers

J

cynic-al
    Free Member

S&M dungeon?

Nice 😎

tracknicko
    Free Member

i just put the old carpet from the bedroom in mine. room footprint is exactly the same of course…

never had any problems with damp for me bikes.

its not mega fancy down there, but its fine. not sure if its good enough for you though John. you tried TGN?

jimmy

a friend had it done up in Crookes. Can get details if you like.

jimmy

out of interest, how are house prices doing in Sheff? I sold mine last year – had to drop £20k to sell it. I looked on rightmove out of interest and asking prices are still silly high. Did you barter at all?

eichler
    Free Member

nick, not thought of TGN. Will ask them. No, a skanky old carpet is not good enough!

Jimmy, I bartered and got 6k off a 3 bed terraced house above malin bridge. If you could get the details from your mate, that would be great.

cheers. J

tracknicko
    Free Member

thought you might say that.

levelling screed and a big old sheet of chequerplating? im sure you could do it yourself?

eichler
    Free Member

nah, it is useable like it is. There is an old (very uneven) brick floor down at the moment. I want to dig it down by a foot or so and then backfill with concrete with some kinda membrane in it. Trying to add some value to the house so I don't mind saving up to get it done. Walls need rendering too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cellar conversion company in Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.