• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CCTV recommendations
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

Neighbour just suffered an attempted breakin, looking at what is out there that does:

Easy installation, we are selling the house so don’t want to pay for permanent installation, will want to lift and shift
    App driven
    Can be set to alert straight to phones
    Quick start-up if battery powered
    Good quality images

And cheap

Recommendations for this moon on a stick please

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Someone?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

oomidamon

If cheap is a deciding factor take a look here. No idea if its any good but for that price could be worth a try.

FuzzyWuzzy

Everytime I look into I come to the same conclusion, 99% of systems available at a reasonable price (below £300) are shite. I say 99% just in case someone can link one (I’ve not actually found any), they’re either temperamental, poor picture (either generally or at least at night), have a lag when recording starts, only record to a DVR box or require a subscription for even pretty basic functionality. Usually it’s some combination of those…

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ve got a couple of canaries. Ticks all those boxes apart from cheap (although they are well under £300 so depends what you call cheap). Image quality is great and the phone alert works well.

judgeonions
    Free Member

I got one of these back in December:

https://reolink.com/product/argus/

Easy fit, records to SD card  – can download clips if you need to, Battery powered so wireless, HD recording, live stream via app, and motion sensor 6 second recording that sends an alert to your phone.

Needs to be in range of your wi-fi to work.

Only real downside is to make sure it is well out of reach, as someone could just steal the camera (!), but as a ‘cheap’ option it ticks all boxes.

djflexure

Just setting up a netgear Arlo pro 2 unit that was delivered this morning. Could not have been easier to set up and daytime picture quality is good. All cameras picked up by base unit without issue – this was the one aspect that concerned me. IOS software seems good too. Curry’s were doing 10% off but it may have finished. It’s quite pricey – I sort of begrudge paying for this stuff but in the end decided to go with it, along with alarm and new garage door.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CCTV recommendations’ is closed to new replies.