Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cavendish
  • garrypreece
    Free Member

why cav not riding at vaulta pls

peteimpreza

Have a look at the course. Easy enough to work out then.

scaredypants

there’s virtually no top sprinters there. something to do with the 25% hills, I believe

crikey
    Free Member

…and because he has already ridden the Giro and the Tour?

brakes
    Free Member

it is rarely a good Tour for sprinters as there aren’t many flat stages and the hills are brutal – all this towards the end of the season aswell means it’s not worth participating.

LMT
    Free Member

He is busy doing something with team gb? Read heard something about him being back at Manchester velodrome? Could be wrong though.

crazy-legs

He’s supposed to be doing Tour of Britain but before that, as LMT says ^^, he’s back at Manchester doing some track work.

Think he’s down to ride the Worlds in support of Chris Froome as well. Initial reports suggest that the Worlds isn’t quite as hilly as everyone was lead to believe…

Ed2001
    Free Member

it is rarely a good Tour for sprinters as there aren’t many flat stages and the hills are brutal – all this towards the end of the season aswell means it’s not worth participating.

Plenty of flat stages in the vuelta 9 in 2009 and 2010, 6 in 2011, 9 in 2012 and 6 this year I would agrees that they often have quite brutal mountain top finishes also with valuable UCI world tour points no race is not worth participating in,a win at vuelta is worth 170 points only a tour win gains more.
    No as already mentioned Cav is not there because he has ridden the tour and the giro already.

scaredypants

Didn’t look that hard at the course description but I counted 5 without categorised climbs, at least one of which has a rising final stretch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cavendish’ is closed to new replies.