Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Caught a bike thief yesterday!
  • wilde86
    Free Member

Had just finished riding yesterday at Cannock, was sat outside the cafe, and a fella jumped on a girl with our groups bike and rode of very quickley!

After initial seconds of thinking it was one of our lot taking the michael, we realised it was actually happening.. and it was literally metres from us!!

We grabbed our bikes and gave chase!(Sadly for him, he chose the bike belonging a girl in our group of 22, so there was no getting away) We Caught the little rat round the corner and he dumped the bike, and tried to apologise. Wanted to give him a proper kicking, but instead called the police and the forestry commision.We surrounded him, making sure he could nt run away. the cops came, arrested him, and now weve been told he has a court date, as he was already known to police.

Another passerby, caught his accomplice waiting in an astra, took the reg, and the police have been informed about him too.

If you have had a bike stolen recently at Cannock/local area, it could have been this goober. Quick description: white, black/grey hair, around 30yrs old, around 5’8, gold earing, lip stud, eye brow peiercing, tattoos on his hands, big gold rings on every finger, chavved up.

One back for the good guys but if you see him at Cannock again, be catious!! 🙂

SaxonRider

A hearty well done!

P.S. Wouldn’t it be easier if the police just preemptorily arrested everyone who drove an Astra?

wilde86
    Free Member

duffle
    Free Member

<claps> 🙂

wilde86
    Free Member

haha saxon, i drive an astra!!!! 😉

wilde86
    Free Member

i have a pic of him, but cant get it to load up!! 🙁

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

yessssssssss, i hope you at least angrily dismounted him from the bike

Leku
    Free Member

double post

justatheory
    Free Member

Well done and kudos for showing restraint.

kimbers

22 of you and no one had any bombers 😉

in all seriousness good work!

wwaswas

I’d drop the picture and description if I were you. Could be seen as sub judice if he’s been charged and cause his case to fail.

Well done for catching him though 🙂

wilde86
    Free Member

errr what? lol this guy stole my friends bike, case dropped or not, people need to know what he looks like surely?!

maybe a double post, i didnt know anyone else from the group had already posted 🙂

portlyone

wwaswas + 1

Well done. Would have been a shame if he “fell off” the bike 😉

dogbert
    Free Member

well done, just a shame he didn’t come off the bike and repeatedly make contact with 22 pairs of boots

disclaimer: before anyone starts on with the “you can’t take justice into your own hands” etc It is my opinion, you don’t have to agree with it but personally, I wouldn’t be as kind because they don’t give a damn who they steal/hurt in the process to get whatever they think is deserved by them

wwaswas

Depends if you just want to name and shame or see the bloke actually ‘done’ for it.

If it’s the former then fine carry on.

If you actually want a prosecution then his brief could argue that a photo and description on the most popular uk bike site has prejudiced a fair trial and the judge will dismiss the case.

Your choice.

pixie3578
    Free Member

Nice one with the pic and your stirling actions, I hate to say it but given the sentence he’ll probably get it might be just better to plaster his face everywhere and tell folk what he’s been up to ie borrowing your firends bike/picking up accidently/insert rubbish excuse here. Nice one though.

wilde86
    Free Member

just google sub judice.. i had no idea what that was. err so i should take this down? if so, how?

wwaswas

I’d email the mods and ask them to remove the details.

wilde86
    Free Member

sod it – charged or not, people need to see him. a few months down the line he could be back at cannock trying his luck again..

wilde86
    Free Member

wwaswas, cheers 🙂

wwaswas

Track the case – once the case goes to court you can do what you want if he’s found guilty.

toys19
    Free Member

just delete the pic from wherever you are hosting it. I don’t think it’s subjudice, he looks innocent to me. 😉

billysugger
    Free Member

AAaaaAhhAhHHAaa. What a loser.

In place of the broken teeth he should have had I hope while you made him stand in the middle like a little boy you were chanting songs about showers and bending over.

pingu66
    Free Member

I agree with dogbert, my first instinct would have been a right kicking. However fair play to wilde86 for showing restraint.

My personal experience is that the police tend to be ineefective, however in this case he is at the court stage so looks like the CPS has decided to prosecute. Lets see what he gets, if anything.

As dogbert says, its my opinion and not necessarily correct, in the cold light of day I wouldn’t advise it but if I had to chase some scumbag down I would probably not be the most level headed.

Good work guys.

Scapegoat

Bravo.

wilde86
    Free Member

It would have been nice to have used the last few years thai boxing training 😉 but to be honest, i felt sorry for him. He must have been bricking it, with us all around him. we were giving him a fair bit of abuse, and arguing with each other as to whether we should do him in or not! LOL 🙂

FYI i didnt post the picture (becasue i couldnt figure out how) lol

wilde86
    Free Member

if it was my bike however…….

project
    Free Member

Vetry well done,

tails
    Free Member

Forgot this lot, send me the pic I’ll put it for you! I would have preferred rough justice, but well done on the restraint shown.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Bravo. Should have smashed him up, attacking a female, what a toss pot!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bike theft not going to go to a crown court trial, so no jury to affect or influence. Early guilty plea, quick appearance in mags, poxy community sentence.

Good job by OP and kudos on restraint.

King kong I read it as he jumped on the girls bike, not the girl.

Taz

Good effort

Well done for catching and for not giving him a kicking. That would have felt so good but you guys would have been in trouble then

Nice to get one back 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Top marks all round. I don’t really know if it could be detrimental to the prosecution but if there is the slightest chance of it I would remove the picture. But once the case has been to court perhaps we could have a rogues gallery sticky thread of bike thieves.

ihaveabike
    Free Member

god some people would have beaten him half to death

singletrackmind

Probably wont even get to court .
    Overworked , tired cops and CPS will agree a verbal warning . ‘Its only a bloody pushbike ‘ .
    Not great for crime figures or clear up rates is it now .

Been there , caught the guy , gave the statments , will i go to court etc . guy walked away with a warning . known druggy .

muddy@rseguy

Well done for both catching him and showing the necessary restraint to get the police. Make sure you follow up with the police as they should take this to court.

Book him Dano… 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

if your worried about sub judice, just wait a few weeks till the case has gone to court then plaster his picture everywhere. the courts will probably let him go.

muddy@rseguy

Actually this would most likely go to local magistrates court, not crown so no jury and therefore no prejudice ( are there any magistrate or solicitors reading this?)

meehaja
    Free Member

he looks really sorry in that picture, that’ll get him off I’m sure!

sunnrider
    Free Member

Looks nice there in Cannock. …goes off to check ryanair and easyjet

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Caught a bike thief yesterday!’ is closed to new replies.