Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • Cathy Newman v George Galloway, last night C4,
  • zippykona

Was it Slimey Georges job to pal up to Saddam. Chamberlain was trying to save our country going to war.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ernie_lynch is George Galloway.

Well they have the same high opinion of themselves I will give you that 😉

duckman

teamhurtmore – Member

A million sperm and you were the fastest?

Did you even know who George Galloway was before yesterday? Seriously, go and watch the senate interview.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Seriously, what do you think it demonstrates about him other than he’s a devastatingly good orator?

trailmonkey

that his politics appeal to the constituents of bradford west ?

project
    Free Member

He may not get many womens votes in the next election.

allthepies
    Free Member

He may not get many womens votes in the next election

well at least he didn’t refer to her as a “tart” as did comrade ernie. Infact Gorgeous George was very polite as he dodged the questions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just watched the OP’s video – I have to say I think the interviewer “won”, and GG was talking arrogant self-serving bollocks.

druidh
    Free Member

again

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, I watched it once, that was enough thanks.

grum
    Free Member

Just watched the OP’s video – I have to say I think the interviewer “won”, and GG was talking arrogant self-serving bollocks.

😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

stevewhyte
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

😐

duckman

IanMunro – Member
    Seriously, what do you think it demonstrates about him other than he’s a devastatingly good orator?

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Exactly that. Thanks for the back up.

trailmonkey

she won by trying and failing to make a pedantic point and ignoring the opportunity to ask any questions relevant to the actual news story ?

not my idea of winning journalism but i guess we all have our own standards.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Erm she did ask relevant questions, GG answered different ones then accused her of not listening.

“Bradford Spring”…”uprising”…as if!

trailmonkey

so the relevance of that by election was all about the manner of galloway’s post election rhetoric ?

i’d have thought that winning journalism might have focused upon his policy intentions or how he might achieve them or even how he might have achieved such a remarkable victory.

all she did was try to pick a fight.

richmars

She asked GG to justify his ‘most sensational upset in history’ claim, which he did by adding a load of extra conditions. She then complimented him on his win but he was determined to answer his own questions so it ended as an argument not an interview.

grum
    Free Member

She asked GG to justify his ‘most sensational upset in history’ claim

Which is probably the least important aspect of this story.

richmars

Which is probably the least important aspect of this story.

Not if you’re trying to show how full of **** GG is.

trailmonkey

do you mean how full of shit his post election rhetoric is or how full of shit he is at representing his constituents.

one is an important thing to establish the other isn’t.

guess which one newman decided to focus on.

richmars

Depends if you believe one follows from the other. I think it does. You don’t.

trailmonkey

well i’ll certainly be none the wiser from that interview will i ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK so some of you want to flame one C4 interviewer…up to you, to me the GG BS show is more newsworthy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Blimey, Galloway appears to want to avoid war with Iran. Thanks for that clip cranberry – it helps to explain why he got such a resounding victory in Bradford West (56% of the vote and over 10,00 majority I believe) Assuming of course that the voters of Bradford West care about the citizens of Iran.

Contrast Galloway’s position with past Labour Party governments which supported to the hilt the totalitarian dictatorship of the Shah of Iran and his murderous secret police. I have a pretty good idea which of the two positions the Muslim community of Bradford West supports. Well that’s democracy for you, eh ?

And some of the politicians (including Labour) responsible for that disgraceful period when British governments put the needs of wealthy oil companies above the needs of the Iranian people are still knocking around today enjoying life in the Upper House.

Iran once had a liberal democracy, Britain is directly responsible for the fact that it hasn’t today.

well at least he didn’t refer to her as a “tart” as did comrade ernie

😀 Perhaps if instead of calling Galloway a ‘git’ I had called him a ‘daft tart’ and the interviewer a git instead, I wouldn’t have sounded “sexist” ? ….. … I believe that “sexism” is discriminating against women, no ?

BTW Junkyard, you have excelled in exposing on this thread what a pseudo-leftie you really are, something which I have never seriously doubted. You come on here on an almost daily basis denouncing the Tories and reactionary philosophies in general, expressing outrage, and yet when an opportunity arises for you to firmly nail your colours to the mast and support a radical progressive alternative, you fall at the first hurdle. Well done, keep it up – it’s what pseudo-lefties do.

For the record I’m not Galloway’s number one fan, I meant what I said about him being a big-headed git, and he spends too much time rubbing shoulders with trots, something which he has paid the price for. His performance on Big Brother was nothing short of disgraceful, utterly embarrassing, and totally unnecessary. Made all the worse by his pathetic and ridiculous attempt to justify it by claiming he did it to help ordinary people connect with politicians – complete bollox, he should have had the courage to admit that it was a disastrous mistake.

But for all his failings I do know that Galloway is on the same side as me, and more importantly, on the side of ordinary working people. Something which is of overriding importance specially at a time when the British people are facing an onslaught on their living standards, services, social provisions, and quality of life, from a highly motivated reactionary government. And at a time when the Labour Party, once the vanguard of working people, has utterly betrayed them. Me and the people of Bradford West appear to have come to the same conclusion, btw did I mention that 56% of them supported Galloway and that they gave him a thumping 10,000 majority ? ….. over the Labour Party.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

George has More backbone that all the other party “leaders” put together.
    and whats wrong with Ahmadinejad them???? not the “Old” blow israel off the map MissQuote again is it?

chewkw
    Free Member

Bloody celebrity …

But then GG knows if he expresses the Moslim views strongly he can always be voted in again regardless of how many time he is kicked out from the political arena. Obviously, the Moslim voted him because GG can express their views passionately unlike others. GG has the credibility because he is willing to bow and to kiss their “leaders” and unlike other politicians who can only talk but can never bow to lick the boots of the middle eastern or moslim world. No good that.

Yes, he got backbone but then he is one person so nothing to loose and the more controversial he can be the higher he can charge for appearance fees in future or the better chances the he has in publishing his memoir etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ernie I care as much about what you think of my political philosophy as you do what I think of yours – ok a bit less as I have never posted a paragraph like that just to you so frankly WHATEVER

I do know that Galloway is on the same side as me

I always thought Galloway was on the side of Galloway and was a somewhat lazy MP with a massive ego. He is a superb orator but pretty shit at achieving anything or representing his constituents views in parliament.

Whilst I have much sympathy with his platform he is an odious so and so and I would not vote for him..perhaps the party if we used PR but never for him.

cranberry
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie I care as much about what you think of my political philosophy as you do what I think of yours – ok a bit less as I have never posted a paragraph like that just to you so frankly WHATEVER

Well admittedly I did devote a three sentenced paragraph to you Junkyard, but I hardly think that constitutes an overreaction considering your constant sniping at me with regards to Galloway’s stunning victory (56% and a 10,000 majority btw).

And you do apparently care enough to dedicate a one sentenced paragraph to me, which is nice. I was particularly moved by this : “Ernie I care as much about what you think of my political philosophy as you do what I think of yours”.

You see ?……..despite our differences we can still find common agreement. Neither of us really give much of a monkeys what the other one thinks. Although apparently I do care a tiny bit.

he is an odious so and so and I would not vote for him

Yeah, I managed to pick up that you didn’t like the so and so. Presumably you would have voted Labour then ? What we you being “left-wing” and all – I can’t imagine you voting Tory or LibDem. So better to vote for a party which lies to the British people to justify going to war, and hobnobs with the super-rich, than a so and so who speaks up for ordinary people and opposes wars, eh ?

And of course the former leader of the Labour Party, who incidentally expelled Galloway, wasn’t self-serving ? The fact that his political career opportunities has left him a fabulously wealthy multimillionaire is just a happy coincidence ?

I would not vote for him..perhaps the party if we used PR but never for him.

That makes no sense at all. Unless of course you think “personality” is more important than “policies”. Which as a pseudo-leftie, I guess you probably do 🙂

BTW cranberry – the Labour Party should have used your pic as an election poster. I can’t imagine that the Muslim community of Bradford West would have been so keen to support Galloway had they known that he supports despots in Muslim countries – can you ?

And support him they clearly did, even though they had a Muslim candidate which they could have voted for. Although of course Galloway’s support went far beyond the Muslim community – 37.5% of Bradford West’s electorate are Muslim (2001 census) and obviously not all of them will have voted for Galloway. So for him to have got 56% of the vote (did I mention that he got 56% of the vote, and a 10,00 majority – over Labour ?) a good few of his supporters were non-Muslim.

So anyway, how did they keep this dark secret that Galloway supports despots in Muslim countries from the Muslim community in Bradford West ? ….you’d expect them to take a keen interest in that sort of thing 😕

I know ! …. perhaps it’s not true !! 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

constant sniping at me with regards to Galloway’s stunning victory

I am not getting into this pseudo personal BS ernie. I have disagreed with some of the things you have said this is a likely outcome on a politics discussion between two opinionated people.

Unless of course you think “personality” is more important than “policies”. Which as a pseudo-leftie, I guess you probably do

WOW says the man calling himself after Che Oh the irony
    here let me explain it again to you

I always thought Galloway was on the side of Galloway and was a somewhat lazy MP with a massive ego. He is a superb orator but pretty shit at achieving anything or representing his constituents views in parliament.

I suppose you could either persuade me he does not have a massive ego, is an active MP or he has achieved something [ oh please do tell me the result again] or of course you could just continue with your petty , pseudo personal gentle ad hominem jibes Comrade.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I suppose you could either persuade me he does not have a massive ego

You’re not paying attention mate (or at least conveniently ignoring the inconvenient) I’ve already described Galloway as a “big-headed git”.

However, I have also said that policies come before personality, something which for reasons only known to you, you have reacted by proclaiming “Wow” and “Oh the irony”. I have no idea what you’re on about.

Yes you’re probably right in claiming that Galloway has failed to convince the the Tories in the Conservative Party, Labour Party, and now LibDem Party, in parliament, in winning “his constituents views”, no great surprise there really. And he’s probably better off not wasting too much time trying to. But he can still do quite a bit to publicise an alternative point of view.

[ oh please do tell me the result again]

56% of the vote and a 10,000 majority. The Tory vote fell from 12,638 two years ago to 2,746 on thursday. The LibDem lost their deposit. The most sensational by-election victory bar done.

BTW Junkyard it is a measure of just desperate you are that you have been forced to resort to calling me “comrade” and “Che”, the typical puerile schoolyard taunts of intellectually bankrupt right-wingers who are incapable of engaging in meaningful political debate. And I expect nothing more from a pseudo-leftie who can’t defend his own contradictions 🙂

Anyway, it’s a luverly day and I’ve got a bike ride at 10 o’clock 8)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OMG, E_L really is GG. Or are these posts merely for “this morning” (1/4/12) only?

trailmonkey

in my experience on here stw seems to exist upon a daily diet of left v right arguments in which the leanings of the usual suspects become pretty obvious after a while.

what is rather puzzling is seeing a party that openly opposes neo-liberal economics, crippling austerity cuts, attacks on trade unions and aggressive and illegal foreign policy, win a stunning victory and get absolutely no support from those usual suspects that seem to campaign for those very policies on here on a daily basis.

makes all the words on here seem a little hollow.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Trailmonkey, perhaps you have hit the nail squarely on the head? Why is it that, “a party that openly….win a stunning victory ” gets absolutely no support? Might it just be that these are indeed words that will prove to be just a “little hollow”. Time will tell especially for the folk of Blackburn, sorry, Bradford. ( was that story another April Fools joke?)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Galloway is a snake oil salesman. He has, as he did in Bethnal Green, said exactly what he knows the muslim voters of Bradford want to hear and has got himself elected on the back of their knee-jerk response. There is no other way of explaining why muslims would vote for a man who cuddles up to slime of the likes of those in the above cartoon, other than that they are also “muslims” – the overriding sensibility (it seems to me) in all their decisions of this nature, political, cultural and otherwise.

He is perfectly able to stand on a platform of immediate disengagement from Afghanistan, for instance, because he will never be in the position of being able to effect it.

No doubt at all that he will now do what he did last time – be absent from parliament and pursue his next “George Galloway”-centric programme of self aggrandisement, leaving the poor saps who voted for him without representation of any kind.

druidh
    Free Member

While I might not agree with everything ernie_lynch has to say on the forum, he usually manages to string together a coherent and consistent argument. Seeing him be taken in by George Galloway has disappointed me – I though he was much better than that.

grum
    Free Member

There is no other way of explaining why muslims would vote for a man who cuddles up to slime of the likes of those in the above cartoon, other than that they are also “muslims” – the overriding sensibility (it seems to me) in all their decisions of this nature, political, cultural and otherwise.

Maybe something to do with his strident stance against the various wars we have prosecuted against Muslim countries, including the war against Iran we seem to be being softened up for. Maybe also just that he stands against the cuts that are massively weighted against northern cities that will never vote conservative? It wasn’t just Muslims that voted for him BTW.

Careful Woppit, you’re in danger of sounding like a bigot yet again with your insulting generalisations about Muslims and their motivations.

trailmonkey – I agree with pretty much all the policies of Respect, I just don’t know whether GG has any serious aims of trying to do anything about them. I also dislike some of his election tactics, making snide accusations about the labour candidate drinking alcohol etc – kind of goes against the whole ‘respect’ thing.

I would be tempted to vote for them if they stood in my area though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Cathy Newman v George Galloway, last night C4,’ is closed to new replies.