Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Catching a lift (Cardiff to London-ish)
  • SaxonRider

Complete shot in the dark, but is there anyone on here that might be travelling to London from Cardiff/South Wales/Bristol on Saturday? I am in desperate need of a lift! I can pay.

molgrips

Can’t afford the train?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Train on a Saturday should be cheapest enough shouldn’t it?

(Sorry that’s not much help.)

SaxonRider

The train would be fine, except that I am going to Chertsey, and it requires 2 changes with only a few minutes between each train. And I don’t trust First Great Western to get me there on time. Besides, chatting with someone in a car is more entertaining.

molgrips

To be fair to FGW, they have been pretty good to me.

I’d give you a lift if I were going that way, but I’m not going til Monday and our car will be full.

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    rwamartin
    Free Member

What sort of time were you looking to go? I’m not sure what I’m doing yet but had been pondering a trip to London to see my parents. Not certain I’ll be going and it might be a late decision if I do.
    Rich.

SaxonRider

Hi Rich. I can be flexible, but I’d like to be able to reach Chertsey before noon. Beyond that, not fussed.

rwamartin
    Free Member

I wasn’t planning on leaving here (Pembrokeshire) until after lunch, so arrival in Chertsey would be around 4-4:30pm. I’ll keep you posted though if I change my plans. My email is in my profile if you want to get in touch.
    Rich.

SaxonRider

Thanks for that, Rich. I too have an email in my profile if you want to get in touch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Catching a lift (Cardiff to London-ish)’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.