Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Cat attacked by neighbours' dog
  • Marin
    Free Member

Off on a tangent, why do dog owners have to pick up dog poo or be fined but cats can dump where they please, mainly on my flower bed till I terrorised all the local cats who find it best to avoid our garden now.

Solo
    Free Member

You need to train your Cat up.

DezB
    Free Member

anybody good at the forum searching who could find out who started the ‘it could be a childs face next time’?

Whoever they are, they are awesum

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

” settling the vet bill is about as much as I could expect anyone to do”

I think we have the right to expect them to ensure the dogs can’t escape though? However they do that, be it fence or enclosure or whatever, I don’t care.

Cougar

Off on a tangent, why do dog owners have to pick up dog poo or be fined but cats can dump where they please,

Density and location, I expect. Ie, with dogs, you have lots of dogs going to the toilet in relatively concentrated areas (where they’re being walked, which by definition is where people like to walk) and pooing competitively in prominent places to mark territory. Cats roam far and wide so you don’t get the same concentrated areas, and tend to try and hide their poo rather than going “look, I did that!” like dogs and stag parties do.

mainly on my flower bed till I terrorised all the local cats who find it best to avoid our garden now.

I’m not sure this forum is big enough to contain the sheer size of your testicles.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Can’t actually be bothered to be silly, send them the bill and hope the moggy gets better

cynic-al
    Free Member

Were there any independent witnesses to the attack?

Apparently the Guinea pig was in the garden at the time but the other lurcher must have got to him as he’s saying nothing.

Squidlord
    Free Member

anybody good at the forum searching who could find out who started the ‘it could be a childs face next time’?

Think I remember the thread, but couldn’t find it. The phrase has escaped, and is now breeding in the wild: It could be a child’s face next time.

[Edit: sorry to hear about the cat BTW, hope it makes a full recovery]

rogerthecat
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Were there any independent witnesses to the attack?
    Apparently the Guinea pig was in the garden at the time but the other lurcher must have got to him as he’s saying nothing.

Just burst out laughing on a very quiet campsite, now everyone is staring, thanks

DezB
    Free Member

What do you expect? A cat laughing at a computer… pretty disturbing!

Autoelec
    Free Member

if my child ate some of your cat shit that was in my garden due to your cat coming over the fence (it is rarely supervised when it comes over by the way) and was then made ill…

May of been mentioned before but I really hope you supervise your child?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thanks you! 😀

I hope your cat’s OK, OP.

My wifes cat got eaten by her fathers dogs.

Your wifes cats father keeps dogs – respect.

Woody
    Free Member

Glad the cat is on the mend.

If a dog comes into my garden and attacks my cat, may I kill the dog?

As has been posted ^^ as long as it was reasonable/last resort, I would have thought yes.

On that note, a guy at work was in the position where his dog was attacked (in a public place) by another dog off the lead, which wouldn’t let go or stop the attack despite being kicked etc. After warning the other owner, he took out his *knife and cut the attacking dogs throat. Police were involved and no action taken as it was deemed justified.

*Dog was out for pre-work walk and knife carried for work purposes.

cupra
    Free Member

As a Lurcher owner my dog is kept securely in the garden, but has been known to chase after cats that roam into the garden. It’s even had a couple of cats in its mouth but lost a clump of head hair and had a bleeding nose to show for it.

If my dog got out of the garden and hurt a neighbours cat i would pick up any vets bills and make sure it didn’t happen again. Any cat coming into the garden when the dog is out is fair game. Darwins law.

This. Writing as an owner of 2 lurchers. In my garden the cats take their chances…..

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

In my garden the cats take their chances…..

Absolutely.

And are we agreed, then, that an unaccompanied lurcher in my garden takes his chances?

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Cat attacked by neighbours' dog’ is closed to new replies.