Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cassette lock ring's – who does deeper ones?
  • hora
    Free Member

A sort of steel King headset solution…!

Need a deeper lock ring as the top couple of threads are worn on my freehub body.

Who does them?

clubber
    Free Member

How do you wear threads? You mean you've knackered/threaded them, right?

forgotmename
    Free Member

Chris King does them, and the shimano xtr is usually a little longer. i think.

Del

you were posting the other day blaming your lbs for not doing the lock ring up…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Del – Member

you were posting the other day blaming your lbs for not doing the lock ring up…

This is Hora don't forget.

goog
    Free Member

just cut 1/4" of the freehub and go 8 speed

hora
    Free Member

No. Its more complex than that. I took the wheel in saying 'Im thinking of just buying a new hope due to the (potential) cost of getting my 7/8yr old King wheel up and running again. Is it viable?

I worked out that to get the wheel 'working again' (service, rebuild and new shell etc) it'd potentially be well over £100 (probably the same cost of a decent Stan/hope rear).

The mechanic looked at the wheel, the shell and my concerns over said it would be fine/he'd sort it.

It looks like it was just given up on.

So. Im back to running my rear wheel as an 8 speed again (spacer in place of the 9th ring) and almost back in the same position- it doesnt freewheel properly- back pedal and the freehub slackens/doesn't pick up right.

End result I have a wheel rebuilt that needs more money throwing at it.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Some cheapo cassettes have longer ones. Sunrace ones often do, might be worth asking your LBS if they deal with The Cycle Division-they're the distributors, if not let me know & I can get one for you.

hora
    Free Member

goldenwonder yes please. It might save me £50.

robdob
    Free Member

Hora, I can rebuild the wheel for you (I assume you mean rim and spokes, probably use same spokes if they are ok) for the price of the parts if it helps.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you've paid someone to fix your hub and its still not right i assume you've gone back to them?
    Funny you were moaning about your saint brakes the other day after the shop had looked at them.
    Are you scared of going back to them with a complaint or something?

hora
    Free Member

bigyinn.

Trust me- I've moaned at them previously. At what point do you stop and save your breath?. robdob- ta, its been rebuilt.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No problem, I'll try & pick one up this week if I get chance.
    Am I right in thinking you know Will? As I've got his bike for a service at the moment, so can give it to him if you'll be seieng him? If not, email me your address & I'll send one out

hora
    Free Member

Yes please. I'll probably see him this weekend.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No problem, although he's at SiTS this weekend?

Pook

Will B? Can you put some lead weights in his frame? Maybe set some concrete in his tyres?

😀

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes Will B, I could do all sorts of things while I've got his bike, am going to butcher service it tomorrow for him ready for the weekend.

hora
    Free Member

Pook don't worry you and me will work on his body……soon he'll be 16stone after bad food and lots of booze…

smiffy

The Alloy ones off-of XTR are deeper, but bigger diameter too so they don't work with ickle cogs.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cassette lock ring's – who does deeper ones?’ is closed to new replies.