Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Carrying metallic objects onto a plane in your hand luggage .
  • singletrackmind

It would appear the everso efficient Swiss are more than happy to let you do this .
    I was stopped going through security at Geneva airport and had a set of ski bindings in my hand luggage . A buzzer sounded and eyebrows were raised .
    The bag contained a MP3 player and headphones . A torch and associated battery . A specific MP3 – USB cable , and the 4 bindings ,Ti models.
    Apparently self certification is now acceptable way of avoiding a bag search .
    My explanation of ” Its Ok , its ski bindings ” repeated after being met with blank looks with “Ski Fixations” which is what the locals call bindings meant my bag was handed back to me unchecked .
    No need to worry about wires , torch , battery etc and heavy metal objects cannot be identified by an x-ray machine , just say its all good and through you go.

jota180
    Free Member

All sorts or electronics go through in mine on a regular basis, only been searched once in years

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Carrying metallic objects onto a plane in your hand luggage .’ is closed to new replies.