Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carbon Road Rims – Light Bicycle? Or anything better?
  • Rik
    Free Member

As per title building up some 24mm deep superlight disc clincher road wheels.

Any thing better than light bicycle rims, I know they are popular with the MTB rims on here

RoterStern
    Free Member

There’s also Nextie which are similar to light bicycle. linky

Rik
    Free Member

Cool thanks – they any good?

c_klein87

website is a bit dodgy but they sell Yishunbike who make good wheels, and their rims are one piece and free postage

but my Light bicycle road and xc rims have been good, until i ruined the rear road rim…

mashiehood
    Free Member

Wheels far / far sports – mine have been superb for nearly 2 years

Rik
    Free Member

until i ruined the rear road rim…

Care to elaborate???

paulevans
    Free Member

OP – I’ve got a pair of Light Bicycle carbon 50mm section disc specific wheels for sale if you’re interested. Wheels were bought new in May 2014 and have done about 500 miles.

The rims are UD finish on Novatec hubs and have no rim brake surface. They are in as new condition. Looking for £275 or nearest offer. Only selling as I’ve since taken delivery of a pair of LB 35mm section wheels which are better suited to my riding.

J273
    Free Member

Looking to buy some road wheels myself – Them Nextie road rims they have the basalt rim braking surface as a build option. Is this worth going for?

I run some nextie MTB rims myself and was impressed with the service and comms with them so id probably go with nextie.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Cool thanks – they any good?
    Well a friend of mine at the lbs was speaking to one of the wheel builders at Bike 24 (I think) and had just received a pair of rims for himself from Nextie and was really impressed with how straight they were which is not always the case for some carbon rims.

sq225917
    Free Member

The LB rims are good, no issues so far with my 26″ and they’ve done shit loads of miles through rocks.

The road rims will be similarly well made. Ask for them to be 6 degree drilled, better strength and lower theoretical shear load at nipple- important for disc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Road Rims – Light Bicycle? Or anything better?’ is closed to new replies.