Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car parking in Hampstead or near
  • zokes
    Free Member

We’ll be staying at Pax Lodge (MrsZ is a Girl Guide Leader) for a few nights in early July, but unfortunately will have a hire car with us as we’re driving round the UK visiting friends. Now, I know London and cars aren’t a particularly good combination unless you have very deep pockets, so does anyone know of anywhere near there where car parking is available (and if it can be pre-booked)?

Losing the hire car temporarily probably isn’t an option as the costs of one-way hires are prohibitive, but it doesn’t look like there’s much in the way of parking either at Pax Lodge, or the nearby streets (all resident permits, as I suspect most of that area is). Basically, we’d probably not want to move the car for 3 days, which is a waste of the hire charge, but not really sure how else to make it work. Public transport’s not going to work given where else we need to travel on our trip round the UK, but i know this is usually the better option for London.

righty
    Free Member

there are no parking controls at the south end of the bishops avenue, its not so close at about a mile away but should be a pleasant walk across the heath?HTH

zokes
    Free Member

A mile shouldn’t be too bad. We’d just need somewhere to ‘store’ the car for the three days – obviously we don’t need it in London itself.

senorj

what righty said
    or..the road parallel to it , Winnington rd – a much quieter road ,has spaces down the hill past the golf course.

here…

http://g.co/maps/nka4a

TheFopster
    Free Member

Or try park at my house website – bound to be some round there but likely not cheap.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car parking in Hampstead or near’ is closed to new replies.