Home Forums Chat Forum Car insurance seems to have settled down?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Car insurance seems to have settled down?
  • BoardinBob

Just got renewals through for both our cars, and for the first time in a long time the renewal premiums were less than the expiring premium! Both of us are in our mid 40s with full NCDs, no points etc

Still shopped around though and managed to get £84 cashback and reducing the combined renewal premiums by £100

sharkattack

We got hammered in July this year and it’s the first time ever that I couldn’t find a better deal by shopping around.

Paul-B

My renewal came through for my daily and it was cheaper than the previous year.

I renewed my camper insurance back in Feb and it had gone up a load which I wasn’t happy about. I tried shopping around on that one and couldn’t get it down any.

wait4me

Yes just renewed and was £40 cheaper than last year. Home insurance however is a different thing altogether, that’s almost doubled not helped by a claim this year.

spooky211
    Free Member

Yup mine has dropped by about £130 this year.

sam3000
    Free Member

Yes, for the first time in a long time my renewal was the best price, by around £50.

fossy

I’ll let you know in a few weeks when the ‘kids’ Aygo comes up for renewal. Daughter will have had 1 year’s driving since passing. Rocketed last year as she was a new driver. She actually hasn’t used it much, but son has.

mattyfez

I’m a bit of an odd case, as I didn’t own a car for about 8 years, last year I paid £500 with zero NCB, this year with 1yr NCB, it’s down to £350 renewing with the same insurer, who were the cheapest after a quick check on confused and compare the market.

razorrazoo

I was shocked to see mine come down this year, even more that my new car is even cheaper to insure than my outgoing 5 year old car (Tesla Y replacing an X3).

a11y

Hopefully not speaking too soon, but yes appears so. Renewed van insurance this week. Renewal was £520 (£90 more than previous premium) . I’ve bought elsewhere for £390, like-for-like with no changes in circumstances.

Car is due soon so that’ll be another test.

jimdubleyou

5% increase, seems fair based on RPI etc.

Shopped around – wasn’t getting much better, maybe a few %age points. I might ring them up and see what they can do but not too hopeful.

We had a 30% rise last year after shopping around so yes, does seem calmer…

matt_outandabout

I’ve just opened our buildings renewal.

3x what we paid last year.

No claims. No changes. No issues on our street such a flooding.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just had our renewals for both the cars , the better car had almost doubled this year despite no claims etc ?? … looked around and now cheaper than last year

andrewh
    Free Member

House and van both went up by about a tenner for me this year. I thought I was bucking the trend but maybe not

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.