• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Car insurance question.
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I live in Thailand. I have a full Thai driving licence. No UK licence. Full British passport.

Legally, I can drive for 6 months on arrival on the foreign licence.

I’ll be in the UK for a month and have rented a car. My brother just called and kindly said, if I can find insurance, I can borrow his Freelander. It will save me money and much handier for a family of four than the Golf / Focus we’ll otherwise have.

Having looked, I can only find insurance that says I have to live in the UK.

So,

a) am I likely to find insurance without this stipulation?

b) how is living in the UK defined. Whilst I will be leaving the UK in August, over the period of the summer, we’ll be living in Devon with my parents. My housing contract in Thailand will have expired as will my work visa. I’m not stupid enough to lie and null the insurance, but surely I’ll be living there for a month?

Thanks

Mike

nickdavies

I’d have thought you’d be better off getting yourself added as a named driver on his policy if possible?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I don’t know if it is possible!

br
    Free Member

It will save me money

Are you sure?

I’d have thought you’d be better off getting yourself added as a named driver on his policy if possible?

This, as you can’t insure a car twice (at the same time) – assuming it’s insured already.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance question.’ is closed to new replies.