Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Car attacked again!
  • Harry_the_Spider

No trouble for 12 years then for the fourth time in 6 months some #### has had a go at my car.

1. Body work keyed.
    2. Wing mirror smashed.
    3. Wing kicked.
    4. And now somebody has knicked my wheel trims.

All whilst it was parked outside the house in a tiny backwater where we get no passing traffic.

Told the police (again) and the said that they knew who was doing it but couldn’t catch them! FFS! So me and the other people in the area have to suffer until they catch the scroat in the act.

My brother in law lives round the corner and has to sell his very nice Alfa and buy a rather older and less nice car because it has been attacked so many times that he can’t afford to claim on his insurance again. The last bit of scratching and denting cost almost £4k to fix!

Not happy. I await the next act of petty vandalism with my credit card at the ready.

On the way home I saw a PCSO wandering about. They’re not going to catch anybody at midday.

…and relax

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Webcam / cctv?

Who have you upset? – a cyclist you ran off the road without noticing ?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Is it a Porsche.?

Harry_the_Spider

Its not just me. The little ###### has done every car on the street in the last 6 months.

Its a Vectra. Whoever it is isn’t a Vectraist as they’ve done a TT a 146 a 147 a Bravo and a mini recently.

hora
    Free Member

Is there a pattern? i.e It happens on a weekday towards the begining or the end of the week- a weekend? Go round the whole area, knock on doors, ask if they have suffered and what date it was. Collate then take a few days off work. Wait with two pairs of surgical gloves on and a claw hammer and wait. I’m thinking knee caps.

Sadly, I’m not joking.

hora
    Free Member

Harry, where do you live? I was talking to someone this week who had his whole street done over the same night. They think it was a jealous ex-partner. Do you have an estate further down and they use your roads as a through-way?

aP
    Free Member

The last time it was done near us it was it was members of a local golf club out for a nice evening drink, oh and they caused about £80K of damage to all the cars in a nearby street. Knocked every door mirror off and walked up over bonnets and roofs on about 50 cars.
    They did all get arrested though

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CCTV / webcam / alarm then – so you can catch the beggers in the act and have some evidence as well

Harry_the_Spider

The cop said it was scum from Salford out for a spot of fun in the civilized world.

rob2
    Free Member

That’s just shit.

I feel your pain. Two kids smashed in my windscreen and rear windscreen on Wednesday. Cheers lads.

I think I’m going to rig my car to the mains so if any **** touches it they get 250V and 13Amps through them. Its what people like that deserve.

And relax!

Harry_the_Spider

The worst bit is that they know who is doing it.

Going to write a stiff e-mail to my local councillor to see if he can turn the heat up. The LibDems push enough of their #### through my letterbox often enough spouting off about how effing great they are, now they can have some back.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Write to your local paper as well. They love this sort of thing and it should give it a bit more urgency

Harry_the_Spider

Will do, and my MP. I’m effing sick of it. The car looks like the one at the end of the Blues Brothers. It was mint 14 months ago and now its a wreck.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Given that it’s known who’s doing it but insuffient evidence to actually nail them it might be worth finding out if it’s possible to get an asbo against the scroat entering the area. Then at least he can be nicked if found loitering in the vicinity.

elaineanne
    Free Member

well this is alittle tamer than the above….. but whilst at the car wash today a car drove up with a roof full of baked beans and tomatoe sauce spread all around the car doors…….. did look funny tho !!!
    but i have to ask (why didnt the owner throw a bucket of water on the roof to swish away the beans before he got to car wash ? he could have attempted to scubb the car just alittle bit before entering car wash…. anyway it had all dried on coc wen he drove out of car wash the tomatoe sauce was still spread all arond the car doors !
    i would have walked over to the ‘hot jet wash’ myself and given it a dam good spraying ……… ohhh dear wonder what it will be next week ..egg n toast (brown sauce for a change…lol

elaineanne
    Free Member

ooops slight spelling mistake in the above ! sorry… (hahahha)

Harry_the_Spider

Triffic.

I’m going to tip some HP sauce on it and have a good old laugh.

Bunnyhop

In our shared carpark some years ago, I witnessed a group of young hooligans smashing up my neighbours car, I called the police.
    When I started to describe them, the officer said he knew exactly who they were, where they lived, ending our conversation with, ‘ there’s nothing we can do about them’.
    Good luck Harry.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Similar cases with my old area – had my car broken into by a known local theif, he was witnessed by a neighbour who ran out and chased him, at which point he recognised him. When the police caught him his solicitor claimed he was just walking by and because the neighbour had moved from window to door and lost sight of him he couldnt be 100% sure it was the same person. CPS threw it out before trial on this basis. what a joke.
    My parents have a caravan stored on a local farm, the local small-scale drug dealer had recently got out of prison, had been booted out of his mothers house and was sleeping rough, in the caravans for a few nights at a time, breaking into a new one each week as the vans got found. Police knew it was him but had no way of nailing him until he smoked a cigarette in my parents van (which cheesed my dad off more than the £700s worth of damage he did, including smearing his own feces around some of the vans). Police recovered the butt and DNA tested it, nailed him with it.
    Just recently some stupid scumbag has been walking down my parents road and smashing off wing mirrors, but then progressed to pinching safety hammers from buses/trains and started walking down the road putting all the windows in on every car they could before they were chased by someone. Police know who it is but can’t prove it. The place is becoming a war zone due to some of the local scummy kids whos parents don’t give a damn and the police are too busy dealing with drunken retards in the nearby village centres to spare officers for the surrounding areas. The criminals know this and make good use of friday and saturday nights.

Its only a matter of time before someone takes the law into their own hands, I know of one neighbour who sleeps with a pickaxe near their bed and a loaded shotgun in the cupboard. These “kids” arent aiming at anyone in particular, they just enjoy causing the damage and if you do react they find it even more entertaining (unless you catch them). We had a brief respite (of about 18 months) after I caught one by his hood and went balistic at him until he wet himself literally in the street in front of his mates. He returned with his dad an hour later who starteded with “I hear you’ve been man-handling my kid”, after a short explanation as to why I’d manhandled him his dad cracked him round the legs, apologised and drove off yelling at him.

It’s a horrible situation to live in fear of your property being damaged but the only real way round it is to do the job the police dont and gather irrefutable evidence.

samuri
    Free Member

Problem is, they all look the same. Even if you get cctv, it’s going to be some skinny lads with short hair in black tracksuits with grey patterns on the shoulders. Take your pick, there will be 17 gangs of identical lads out that you can choose from. And they know that’s the case. Round our way certainly.

My son got attacked in the park a few weeks back, by a gang of fifteen lads. Police got called but didn’t bother calling back till 23:30 to say they couldn’t make it, and then asked if they could come round the next day. What the hell for? I tried to follow the law but it failed me. If anything happens again I’ll sort it myself. Bet they turn up sharpish when I do though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That’s aweful samuri – what a waste of time. Hope your son is ok – that’s a stage worse than vehicle damage and they still dont care. Just watch yourself sorting it yourself – remember the chap from Warrington.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

Careful.
    I chased three punks who were damaging cars, scared one bad enough he pissed his pants.
    (I’m 6’3″, 222 pounds)
    They returned a few hours later with the cops and I ended up being charged because the one said I hit him.
    Took a good lawyer and more than a year to get me off the hook.
    Moral of the story: Payback is only good if you don’t get caught.
    Next time I’ll make sure they don’t see my face.

hora
    Free Member

Harry’ start parking 4 streets away.

Bunnyhop

Samuri-that’s terrible, I hope your lad is o.k.

My sister and I had self defence lessons 10 years ago. The guy training us, also trained the police.
    He said whenever you are being attacked do whatever possible to protect yourself, this may mean ending up in court ( as above) but at least you’ll be alive. In the ends the thugs will get caught by someone, ‘cos they probably won’t stop with you.

Harry_the_Spider

Somebody pissed on the cars last night. Police informed again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Car attacked again!’ is closed to new replies.