Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Canyon Nerve bearing removal
  • svalgis
    Free Member

It’s time to give my Nerve XC 2011 frame some new bearings. I was going to begin with the four 698’s at the end of the chainstay. Short question: can I just press them through (I was thinking botch in form of sockets, thread rod, washers and nuts), or is there a notch or something inside the hole that would prevent this and require something to expand and pull?

What about the other bearings on the frame, anything that requires any extra attention beyond what I’m imagining (as expressed above)?

Cheers

Painey
    Free Member

Might be a silly question but does it need new bearings? I’m told they can be a pain to do and should last you quite a while anyway. I have a Nerve AM and I’m only changing mine when they’re obviously past their best.

I’ve threadlocked all mine as well as I kept having them come loose, especially the drive side one behind the chainset.

Cheers – Chris

svalgis
    Free Member

The main pivot bearings are the one that’s a real pain to get to IIRC. The chainstay ones were easy enough to get access to, and unfortunately they’re definitely overdue for a change – very rough. I’m hoping the actual bearing removal/installation process won’t prove to be too difficult.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve bearing removal’ is closed to new replies.