Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • easygirl

I really like the look of the Jekyll 2, wish I had not seen this post

simon_g

Large Trigger 4 on the way 😀

Review of sorts here including nice photos: http://www.adventureseekers.co/essential-gear/cannondale-trigger-4

FuzzyWuzzy

Managed a couple of hours out on mine yesterday to, first impressions were very good. It definitely carries speed a lot better than my Zesty and just feels nimbler despite having bigger wheels. I was getting more feedback through the front though, not sure if the forks just need to bed in a bit or if it’s just the stiffness of the fork and bars adds up, had achy wrists by the end of the ride but need to adjust the bars anyway.
    I couldn’t really push the bike due to the tyres, not had chance to replace the stock ones yet and on the wet stony trails I was riding they were horrible, after nearly binning it a couple of times with the front letting go I took it easier.
    As for the two travel modes, I could feel things firm up a bit switching to short travel mode but didn’t really feel any change in the bike stance etc. Not a bad thing as such, I just got the impression from some other posts the switch was much more noticeable.
    Only real annoyance is I have to take the front wheel off to get it in the car, it’s not that much of a faff but definitely more hassle than a maxle/QR

torsoinalake
    Free Member

My Jekyll turned up yesterday. Spent last night getting started on setting it up, moved some bits across and got it tubeless (rim tape needed to be redone). Going to ditch the triple tonight and do a lever bleed.

Will get some pics and thoughts up once I have taken it for a spin.

withersea
    Free Member

Card arrived, Jekyll order placed. Anybody want to buy a well used Trek fuel???

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@fuzzywuzzy you probably have too much pressure in the shock. Try dropping a weight group or two on the pressure charts. You can also try setting about 30% sag and then increasing the negative air pressure to get it to sit a bit lower in the travel range. Lots of tuning opportunities. The fork will improve over a few hours use.

easygirl

Balls to it, xl Jekyll ordered.
    Never did like my hardtail !

slimjim78
    Free Member

Good for you easygirl

granny_ring

Each time I read this thread I weaken for one of those of those carbon triggers.
    I might apply for a new credit card……
    Did anyone get a ‘real’ weight for these?

parkesie
    Free Member

Xl carbon with xt pedals garmin and a moon comet 13.8kg

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Smidge under 28lbs, Large, 1×10, tubeless racing ralphs.

rascal
    Free Member

Anyone looked at the caliper mount adaptor on the rear on the Trigger?

In typical Cannondale style it’s very different to the norm – I want to swap the 160 rotor for a 185 and that means changing the adaptor but it’s something that’s bespoke to them and pretty pricey as a result.
    £16 and I won’t get it for a best part of a week as there only seems to be one place you can get one – not the end of the world but a PITA nonetheless.

Anyone have a 185 adaptor lying around they don’t want? 😉

shifter
    Free Member

Is that place Qwerty or Dr Cannondale? If not, they’re worth trying.

rascal
    Free Member

No this was Revel Outdoors in Suffolk – they run Cannondalespares website. Will investigate…cheers

oldnslow
    Free Member

The Cannondale manual linked in this thread says post mount rear disc fitting? Is this wrong as I was thinking of putting a 180 on the rear too?

rascal
    Free Member

Cannondale Brake Adapter Jekyll 185mm KP177

This is what I need…if you have a Trigger you’ll need the same.

FuzzyWuzzy

Anyone know how these work with new for old insurance policies? Planning to ring M&S later anyway but with them you have to declare any bike valued over £2k and it’s a new for old policy. So in theory I don’t need to declare it but then if it was nicked and they tried to replace I’d guess they’d be entitled to just give me a cheque for the original purchase cost (£1800) as they couldn’t replace like for like less than that (and would likely claim it was under-insured if I couldn’t provide proof of purchase?). Or do I declare it as £4k value and pay the additional premium, presumably they’d have no get-out about it being over-insured if I needed to claim (and I wouldn’t have to provide proof of purchase anyway would I)?

oldnslow
    Free Member

Thanks rascal. Do you know if there is any difference with shimano 180 v the 185 that the adapter describes it as?

rascal
    Free Member

Not 100% sure but it looks like C’dale ones are bespoke as they use oversized bolts to attach to the frame – much more substantial than Shimano bolts.
    Very bizarre looking things!

STATO
    Free Member

This is what I need…if you have a Trigger you’ll need the same.

Not 100% sure but it looks like C’dale ones are bespoke as they use oversized bolts to attach to the frame – much more substantial than Shimano bolts.
    Very bizarre looking things!

dont think of that as an adaptor, but rather a bolt on disc mount for the frame. You already have one on the frame and its sized for a certian disc size (just like any post mount frame) but you can still use adaptors to fit bigger discs, just as you do for forks. Of course being bolt-on mount, you can also replace it with a bigger mount, unlike normal frame where disc mounts are weld on as part of the frame.

Hope that helps.

easygirl

Mines boxed up and waiting for collection by courier!

oldnslow
    Free Member

Enjoy it easygirl.

Sadly I have to wait until next Saturday for mine to arrive. I paid for it last Sunday as it looked too good to hang around for long but it’s slow going 😉

They’ve sold out of S and XL now in Carbon 2’s

Thanks STATO makes sense. I’ve found this one http://qwertycycles.co.uk/products/cannondale-180mm-rear-brake-adaptor-jekyll-kp176 which might be the correct 180mm version I’ve sent an email to check before buying one.

rascal
    Free Member

Stato – that came as standard with an SLX 160 rotor.
    I might be being dumb here but I can fit a conventional Shimano adaptor to this to use an SLX 185 rotor?
    It would’t be as simple as adding a 185 adaptor would it? Like I said…it’s been along week.
    Would rather buy a cheap adaptor than £16 on effectively the same thing.

STATO
    Free Member

I might be being dumb here but I can fit a conventional Shimano adaptor to this to use an SLX 185 rotor?
    It would’t be as simple as adding a 185 adaptor would it? Like I said…it’s been along week.
    Would rather buy a cheap adaptor than £16 on effectively the same thing.

Thats what i was suggesting, no glaring reason it shouldnt work, but i dont have the bike so cant tell for certain. If a post mount caliper is bolted to it, an adaptor (with the correct bolts! thats the bit that people always screw up with adaptors) should work perfectly fine.

rascal
    Free Member

Tried a 185 adaptor straight on to their ‘thing’.
    Doesn’t work – didn’t think it would TBH as it was set up for 160 – this placed the caliper body nowhere near the rotor…not sure what to do now short of buying their 185 part. Bugger.

On another note, has anyone tried to feed their dropper hose through the grommet on the down tube?
    Note: Make sure you pull that out first! As there’s a hole in it I fed the hose through and it never came out the bottom – directly under the shock….is it channeled in the frame? Anyway, I pulled it out and lost the grommet in the frame forever – argghhhhhhhh! Anyone have a spare? 😉

Snapped chain whip trying to get the cassette off to get that bloody plastic disc off – had it for years!

Oh – then I split beer on me in a huffy mood cos everything was going tits up! Great! I’m off out for beer!

hammerite
    Free Member

Collect my Trigger in the morning. Was out the front an hour ago cleaning my hardtail in readiness for photos and a for sale post… The next door neighbour was out there and came for a look and showed some interest. May end up with a hassle free buyer which will be handy.

RustyNissanPrairie

Just ordered an XL Jekyll 3 to replace my Enduroised Prophet.

I seem to be drawn to Cannondale, I’ve loved riding my Prophet for the last year and I have a Cannondale SS29er which has been great and I also used to own a CAD road bike which again was a really good bike;

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/prophet-reborn

One thing that is overlooked with Cannondale is that the spares support is really good and I learnt this whilst rebuilding the Prophet in that all parts are still available and off the shelf.

Will swop my Thomson and Renthals off the Prophet, also be ditching the front mech and fitting a narrow/wide and swop the Saint/Zee over as well.

core

Large Trigger 4 ordered, oops. Gotta break it to the other half now, got a few days…..

First full sus. Just couldn’t resist it at that price.

2 hardtails in shed, 26″ soul, 29″ scandal. One of them is for the chop, as much as it pains me, but I could do most of the 29er stuff on a cx bike.

parkesie
    Free Member

Swapped the mavic front tyre for a highroller 2 this morning and went for a blast round deggla. And what a blast it is 🙂 think ive got the suspension pretty well dialed going a setting lower than suggested on the back and on the lefty. There is however a mouse living in the suspension linkage 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

Collected the Trigger 3 earlier, apart from going up and down the street I’ve not been out properly yet. Will set suspension up now and go out tomorrow.

On pulling up on the driveway the next door neighbour came out with a pile of cash asking if they could have my hardtail. Result.

parkesie
    Free Member

That is a result 🙂 i couldn’t sell my hardtail as id just want to buy another. Im only just considering selling the rigid ss but its such a nice bike i cant sell that either.

lets see more pictures of Triggers and Jekyls.

Was surprised not to see a rack full of them at llandegla

Two lefties 🙂
    [/url]Untitled by chris, on Flickr}

hammerite
    Free Member

parkesie – for my sins I’m primarily a roadie, so I couldn’t really justify a hardtail and a full susser. I was surprised the OH was as good about this as she was!

Here’s mine. White rear mech cable housing. Any idea why this one is white and the rest are black? It’s the same on Trigger 3s on marketing photos.

parkesie
    Free Member

Dont know why the rear cable is different its the same on my f29 and a red one on the trigger. It might just be to draw attention to them using a jagwire cable for the rear mech.

It does look good in all black.

Kuco

How are people finding the rear shocks?

mttm
    Free Member

Trigger 4 on its way, entirely due to this thread. Thanks to OP 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

Im liking the rear shock it took abit of setting up. The recommended settings for my fat arse felt to hard so dropped it 1 down had a mess with the rebound and it matches the lefty well. Its odd as in 140 mode it does just follow the terrain and suck up rocks and drops yet still climbs well. Flick to 85mm mode and it climbs even better. It changes the head angle slightly as it moves the sag point up but not a huge difference.

hammerite
    Free Member

Nothing to compare it to Kuco, so not going to comment!

flowerman
    Free Member

Thinking about buying the trigger 3. I seem to be bang in the middle of an Extra Large and a Large at 6″1″. What do people reckon? I think the 19″ will be fine for pedalling but will I want a bit more room up front in the reach?

Thanks

Jason
    Free Member

I have had a few rides on mine now. Nothing too tough but have got to know it a bit better.

Rear shock seems good, I just set mine up to the pressures in the book and it works fine. For most riding I keep it in the 85mm setting, it is only when the trail heads steeply down that the 140mm is a benefit. In the 140mm mode it has taken everything in it’s stride so far. The bike goes great on steep descents. Switching into the 140 mode feels a bit like the seatpost has slipped slightly as the bike settles into it’s travel, it does bob a bit in this mode, so not as good for pedalling bits. I have moved the shock lever to the left side of the bars (I think someone suggested it on the thread). Looks neater and easier to use. I had to extend the cable loop under the bb as this was hitting the frame on full compression, despite this the cables are longer than I would prefer, but really can’t be bothered to trim them. Lots of helicopter tape needed around the fork to stop cable rub.

The Crossroc tyres aren’t great, I have noticed a lack of front end grip, which I put down to the tyres. I have to run them harder than I would like to stop them burping. Will probably change the wheels to something a bit better at some stage.

Currently planning to head to Afan next weekend, so be interesting to give it a decent test around there.

Jason
    Free Member

Flowerman, as for sizing I am 6 foot and happy with the fit on a large. I don’t think I would want the reach any longer, but it could be extended by a slightly longer stem (the large has a 60mm) or bars with less sweep back.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.