Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • jaylittle
    Free Member

My Trigger 4 came with a Deore triple crank upfront.

jwildcard
    Free Member

My Trigger 4 also came with a Deore triple. From what i`ve seen the majority were all built up with a Deore triple, they have moved onto using a double now on this years Trigger 4.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Deore triple cranks on my 2015 trigger 4. 96 bcd

swainy90
    Free Member

Is anyone using the blackspure snaggletooth narrow wide? If so how you getting on with it? Cheers

zerolight
    Free Member

I’m using the Works Components oval narrow wide. I reckon ones as good as the other. Works came recommended in this thread.

swainy90
    Free Member

I currently have the one up components narrow wide which is great because could use original bolts and didn’t need to space ring out at all. Just a bit worried with the snaggletooth that I’ll need different bolts ect

abmatt
    Free Member

Hi new here.

I’ve got a snaggletooth to fit. I’ll post up if it goes on with the original bolts.

Got a 2015 trigger 4 27.5″.

So far fitted a reverb, zee front brake and zee rear mech. Gone tubeless with a nobby nic on the front, high roller 2 on the rear.

Love the bike. Took it to les gets earlier on in the year and it coped very well. Better than I did!

swainy90
    Free Member

Nice upgrades bro, if you could let me know how you get on with the narrow wide that would be great. How come you changed the brakes?

crazymac680
    Free Member

I fitted the snaggletooth with the original bolts from the triple. I needed to give each a trim with the hacksaw. Lasted about a year before my bike fell about 5m of a brilliant photo rock. I had to hammer the chain ring straight with a wee rock to get me home. Stupid wind

crazymac680
    Free Member

Lol totally worth it

crazymac680
    Free Member

abmatt
    Free Member

swainy90,

Mate sold the zee cheap. Brand new never fitted.

A bit more power than the slx one. Also when doing some long descents in France was a bit less prone to brake fade.

Got more mods planned, but first need some bushings for the rear suspension.

swainy90
    Free Member

Looking fresh crazymac. What you mean by bushing for the rear sus? Yeah got zee on my dh bike they are good tbh. You increased rotor size or left as it is? How you get on with the snaggletooth dude?

swainy90
    Free Member

I’m having serious issue with my chain coming off the top and jamming in between my frame and my tyre. Driving me crazy can’t really do any decent for throttle cuz chain comes off all the time. Was great when first set up 1×10 but horrendous now

parkesie
    Free Member

Chain ring worn or has the narrow wide gone out of Sync?

zerolight
    Free Member

Bent tooth?

I’ve got a chain device thingy on mine to be safe.

swainy90
    Free Member

Don’t think anything bent I’ve never hit the chain ring and chain shouldn’t of changed. Maybe it’s just work like you said

crazymac680
    Free Member

My chain went there once after is cleaned my clutch mech. It needed tightening to the Max to stop the chain slap. Shifting is now tight but the chain stays on.

jnm1
    Free Member

Man it’s been so long without my bike but didn’t realize they were waiting on an OK from me. Turns out staying with 140mm, the internals are a different design so it’s not just a spacer removal.

Fox asked my shop if I ride really aggressive since the seals are wearing fast. The service center with the lefty asked the same thing. It’s getting new seals too with the recall work but yeah coming back at 140.

astormatt
    Free Member

Has anybody else had problems yet with their Mavic SLR wheels?
    I am having a nightmare, my lbs had a look and replaced the bearings but the movement in the hub returned after 2 miles or so, I sent them back to Paul’s cycles and finally got them back with a note saying the bearings have again been replaced.
    Tried to fit them to the bike last night and now they do not fit!
    The preload screw doesn’t do anything, almost like it is too short.
    With my crank bros wheel, you screw it on and off the hub using the preload screw but my slr pushes straight on and the bolt is rattling around.
    Help please as warranty is up soon and it is a ball ache to keep sending them back and forth!

abmatt
    Free Member

@swainy90,

No done he snaggletooth yet. Been busy and had to order a crank tool as I left mine at work.

By bushes I mean the ones where the top arms go into the top pivot. Got a knocking coming from there and there’s a bit of play.

jnm1
    Free Member

@astromatt

Sounds like you may be having the same issue someone else here had earlier. The Lefty wheels are supposed to have the bolt inside of the outer lockring. If they sent you the wheel back with the bolt separated, which isn’t a surprise given the service, then you need to take that lockring off and put the bolt inside.

zerolight
    Free Member

Help. I’m in the middle of fitting Hope E4 brakes to my Trigger 2 Carbon. The hope caliper clashes with the Cannondale rear caliper. I don’t know what I need to get in order to mount my brake. I’m assuming the Cannondale mount is proprietary?

Is there a Hope adaptor that I can replace the Cannondale with? Or am I going to have to step the rear up to a 180 instead (prefer not)? What do I need? I know someone has done this on a jekyll.

Thanks.

abmatt
    Free Member

Fitted a 32t snaggletooth. Used the original bolts no probs. Now to test it in anger.

zerolight
    Free Member

Ordered a KP176 180mm adapter from cannondale spares de and a 180mm RT86 rotor.

jnm1
    Free Member

Bah just go to 203

swainy90
    Free Member

Its question time again guys. Still suffering with chain drops and I’ve tightened the clutch but still no good. Thinking chain device is next option. Has anyone fitted the one up components low direct chain guide. I think it should fit but can’t work out how it will as there is only one bolt whole front where the front derailleur used to be but the device has to bolt holes. Any info would be greatly appreciated as my issue is stopping me ridin!! Aha cheers

abmatt
    Free Member

What about the mount that the front mech mounted into?

zerolight
    Free Member

Swainy. Both Ashy and I are running that one up low direct mount. Works fine.

zerolight
    Free Member

Swainy. The front derailleur had a little bracket attached to it. Black. Screws into the frame. Has two holes on it. One of them, the shorter, aligns to a small threaded holiday on the frame that doesn’t look ike a bolt hole but is. It does on the carbon anyway – can’t remember what you have.

zerolight
    Free Member

Hole not holiday. No idea what my phone was thinking!

rascal
    Free Member

Is anyone using a water bottle on theirs?
    I have a large Trigger and wonder if a 500ml bottle will fit with an Elite Custom Race bottle cage with zero faffage in terms of getting it in and out.
    Def won’t work with a 750ml but I don’t have a smaller bottle to check.
    If that bottle and cage combo doesn’t work can you recommend one that does? Cheers

astormatt
    Free Member

I used a 500ml bottle and cage on my large and it worked fine. I now use the fabric bottle.
    Good to know about the 750ml not fitting.

zerolight
    Free Member

I use a 750ml bottle on my large with a side entry bottle cage just fine. One of those camelbak ice cool thingies.

zerolight
    Free Member

Just fitted my new brakes. Still waiting on a caliper adapter for the rear and need to fine tune reach etc. XT brakes will be up for sale soon.

abmatt
    Free Member

A nice ride out today to test out the snaggletooth. No issues and the chain stayed on. All was well until…. a pedal came off!

parkesie
    Free Member

Liking the red and black hopes.

swainy90
    Free Member

Love it abmatt least the chainring was sound aha!! Zerolight how much for the xt brakes? Are they m8000?

zerolight
    Free Member

Hi Swainy. They are the 785 that came on my Carbon in April.
    I reckon £65 shipped and Paypal is pretty fair for the pair. They’ve done 900km and work flawlessly.

image uploading

zerolight
    Free Member

Parkesie they are pretty pimp huh?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.