Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • granny_ring

The trigger 4 has a deore freewheel. Does it split so I can add a granny gear if I put a single on the front?

Eh?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I think it is more a question about the cassette.
    As for the crank, I think spacers may be needed to get the chain line sorted.

parkesie
    Free Member

Been doing more riding and its all bedding in nicely ive found the sweet spot on the shock and lefty and it all just flows. Still all ive changed is the grips and front tyre. Getting used to having 6 levers to play with aswell kind of want to give 1x a go but the granny bail out and being able to keep a sensible chain line makes me think 2x is staying.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I was having great fun riding mine (Carbon trigger2) this evening till I ended up in a ditch with a snapped off night & very funny shaped front wheel! Thought I had snapped a spoke, but it was intact, just had popped out of the socket on the front hub. Hopefully the LBS will be able to tease it back into shape.. In the mean time the painkillers will keep the shoulder from complaining!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Squeak! 😯

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I’m sure the crash was my fault, although I’m still not too sure how it happened, bit of tyre slip on a quick corner with flat rocks, but was surprised at how easily the wheel went out of shape.

jimjam
    Free Member

catfishsalesco – Member

I’m sure the crash was my fault, although I’m still not too sure how it happened, bit of tyre slip on a quick corner with flat rocks, but was surprised at how easily the wheel went out of shape.

How many times do I need to say Lefty specific crash before you’ll realise?

chojin
    Free Member

I know the Trigger 4 has a BB30 bottom bracket, but since it comes with a deore crankset, does that mean it has a 68mm/73mm adapter built in?

I’m looking at changing the crankset but can’t see anything in the specifications..

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

How many times do I need to say Lefty specific crash before you’ll realise?

At least one more time jimjam!

jimjam
    Free Member

Lefty.

parkesie
    Free Member

Whats a lefty specific crash?

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s equal parts joke and a very real calamity.

binners

Isn’t it something to do with Gordon Brown?

PROLINE85
    Free Member

chojin, yes the Trigger 4 has an adaptor to fit hollow tech cranks installed, (think it’s an FSA one).

I swapped the Deore cranks to XT on mine and it was a straight swap.

Harry_the_Spider

I blame the tires. I’ve had a set of Wolverines since February and my lawn has died.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

My new tyres turned up yesterday, the Crossrocs tried to kill me last time out.

longmover
    Free Member

Enjoyed a bit of downhill in the dark on the Trigger this morning, put it in long travel mode and the forks in descend and stayed off the brakes. it really is a capable descender. I’m still getting used to it but its great fun.

binners

I’ve had a set of Wolverines since February and my lawn has died.

Having used mine in conjunction with yours on Monday night, we seemed to have reached some critical mass of tyre evil, and my life has literally fallen apart.

I’m now destitute and living on the streets. And its raining. Not even proper rain either. Drizzle. I hope you’re happy now WTB!

Harry_the_Spider

When I left for work this morning it was dark and wet. Also we ran out of marmalade and I have a very slight cold. All of which are a direct result of owning WTB Wolverine tires.
    They are a set of massively evil rubber bastards and should be shipped directly from the factory to Cape Kennedy, then promptly fired directly into the sun.
    They haven’t caused me to fall off my bike yet though.

ajc
    Free Member

They are only terrible if you want to go around corners. Best to just stick to straight rides in the future.
    Oh and just remembered, terrible at stopping in a hurry. So perfect for straight rides at a constant pace.

Earl
    Free Member

I dropped them down to 8psi (9 at the back) and they went all squirmy on me. Get rid!

kevin1911

Strange that your crossroc spoke popped out of its socket catfish – there’s a separate thread ongoing talking about the same thing happening to Crossmax Enduro wheelsets. Coincidence?

Also, sorry to hear that your night snapped off. Sounds like something I don’t want to happen 🙂

Painey
    Free Member

Crossroc Wheels aren’t that strong in my experience of riding them for the last year. Way too much flex in them for my liking so hope to be upgrading to a custom set as soon as budget allows. Free hub is made of cheese too, lots of cassette bite going on.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Wheel all straightened out, shoulder and knee pain being managed by codeine! Result!

backmarker
    Free Member

Selling unridden Trigger 3 (small) due to unforseen circumstances, for the price of a Trigger 4 £999.99. Must pick up Teesside area (north east) – I’m gutted!

pjbarton
    Free Member

Eddiebaby, did I read that you have a trigger AND a Jekyll?!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

2013 Trigger 1 29er Alloy and tomorrow a Jekyll Carbon 2 27.5. And a single speed Bad Boy with a rigid Lefty hides on the patio as a pub bike/ commuter.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well according to the tracking site its been out for delivery since 7:47 so where is it?
    I’ve tried everything that usually calls the delivery driver to your door- a long bowel movement, having a shower, cooking an omelette – nothing works. What in your experience guarantees the parcel will arrive at a given non opportune moment?

kevin1911

Pop out to the shop, to the school, or anywhere. You only need to have popped out for more than 3 minutes and the guy will turn up, chap the door, leave a card and bugger off before you’ve got back.

binners

binners

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And as if by magic it has arrived! Thanks to the hive mind for summoning TNT….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

3 bikes?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just the one this year. Got the trigger last Easter. If there is too much overl;ap then I’ll get rid of that and buy a Habit.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Or a Slate

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well different when side by side. Think I need a slightly longer dropper to get the saddle up a tad but otherwise its rather nice. Off to play now.

withersea
    Free Member

We hope Eddie returns in one bit, worried for him as it doesn’t look like he changed his tyres!

binners

In that case he’s almost certainly dead already

Harry_the_Spider

…and his lawn has died.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lesson learnt.
    Nobby Nics go on this evening.
    May God forgive me for what my running Crossrocs has done to Didcot.
    Luckily it is was Didcot, so maybe nobody will notice.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.