Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • sideshowdave
    Free Member

A couple of photos of mine ( yes I know not a trigger in sight but this thread lead me to them).

hammerite
    Free Member

catfishsalesco – Member
    I’m usually a medium on everything, got a medium trigger 2, reach is lovely, lots of room, but I can’t get the searpost up enough for what I’m used too, at the min insertion and feel like I could accommodate another inch (oh er) there.. Odd! I’m about 5’8 I think..

Got the medium Trigger 3 and I’m 5′ 10″. I managed to get my saddle up a fair way, higher than the point I had on my hardtail (taking sag in to account).

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Took mine out for its debut ride yesterday, but of tinkering needs doing but nothing major. Eventually I’ll go 1×10 but first job is change the tyres and grips, those tyres are awful on anything wet. Rest of the bike is blinding though.

binners

I’m expecting to be taking delivery of mine at some point today. I know that its at the TNT depot which is about quarter of a mile away. I wonder if I can just rock up and collect it? It’d save them a job

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeah but have you plucked up the courage/time it takes to report him than post on here.

Hell, you may be surprised Gumtree may take the ad down.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Report him for what?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

For being a money grabbing whore obviously trading off Pauls cycles sale.

Or it could be even fraud considering he’s based in Ireland, he’s probably mixed up in some dodgy items especially if he bought a Cannondale. 😛

jaylittle
    Free Member

Courage to report them, what are you talking about hopey!!! Not sure they have done anything wrong buy certainly they have a cheek.

nebno6
    Free Member

Damn, XL Trigger 4 is out of stock, knew I should have ordered yesterday!
    I’m 6ft 2 so i think the Large would be too small, although I do have a relatively short body, maybe a Large frame would be better..

Harry_the_Spider

Where do you live? If you are in North Manchester you can has a sit on mine. It is Large.

nebno6
    Free Member

Thanks, but I’m in London, I’ll go and have a sit on my 29er hardtail XL 20 inch frame to convince myself I do need a 20 inch frame.

Kato

nebno6.

I’m 6’1″ and went for a large. It’s really long compared with my Zesty so it might fit you

Yeah yeah I know the garden is a mess

nebno6
    Free Member

Thanks, Ill pop down the local halfords and try a 19 inch boardman FS frame, I know it isn’t exactly the same, but I don’t want to spend a grand on a bike for it to feel like a bmx!

andyl
    Free Member

Damn you guys, just spotted this and was planning to get a new bike when my house sale goes through but these look too good to miss.

I currently have a 130mm C456 and a 100mm scandal 29er. Love both but want something a bit more capable. Is the Jekyll going to be a step too far (ride mendips normally but some trips to afan etc but don’t do the full on downhill stuff)

Did rent a Scott 140mm fs (27.5) recently in Italy and it was okay but not amazing on the Rocky stuff but want to aim at my UK riding.

hammerite
    Free Member

The guy selling the Trigger on Gumtree… It is a bit cheeky. But is there actually much wrong with it? I bet you can guarantee that the £999 that Paul’s are selling them for is far less than most bike shops paid for them if they bought them for stock last September – who are probably not too pleased at having to compete with a ridiculously low priced bike (or have bought some of this stock and trying to make more out of it than Paul’s).

Not Paul’s fault either, Cannondale/their distributor must have been desperate to get rid of stack of these to shift them at such a low price.

I’ll admit to sticking an order in for a few lawnmowers that were quite clearly priced wrong on B&Q’s website with a view to shifting at a higher price. I got an email the following day from B&Q saying that the order wouldn’t be fulfilled as it was an error. Someone had clearly done the same but had already gone as far as posting about 10 ads on eBay which they then could not then fulfil!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Pauls did say that a bike shop bought a load…. So that bike shop is probably selling them with a mark up.

Anyway the Gumtree guy is doing nothing wrong at all.

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks, Ill pop down the local halfords and try a 19 inch boardman FS frame, I know it isn’t exactly the same, but I don’t want to spend a grand on a bike for it to feel like a bmx!

Retailers love people who do that.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I don’t need another bike…but its one of those deals that seems just to good to miss..

withersea
    Free Member

Just back from my third ride on my Jekyll, don’t pass it by because of the enduro tag. It’s a great all-round bike with scope for much more. I’ve just comfortably done a 15m cross country ride and didn’t think I was carrying unnecessary weight or was overbiked. Glad I spotted this as, but pleased I didn’t go for the Trigger in the end.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Nebno6 I bought an xl and am 6’4″ and I certainly wouldn’t want it to be any bigger or it’d feel too big. It might be worth giving a large a shot.

RustyNissanPrairie

Have been tinkering with mine today.

Wasn’t happy with how the dropper cable was supposed to slide through the cable guides-the cable was rubbing on the seat tube.
    Anyway a short section of PU tubing and its better-cable doesnt rub anything and is smoother.

I’ve been badgering Cannondale trying to figure out which downtube protector fits – the answer is non! The carbon version has fancy bolt on guides that the protector bolts onto- the alloy frame has cable tie guides so a protector doesn’t fit.

I’ve always fitted some form of downtube protection to my bikes because I ride in predominantly loose rocky areas and downtubes always get battered.

In the absence of a proper protector I’ve gone back to my ‘Enduro Tape’.
    Its some type of automotive industry foam tape. I’ve used it before with good results.
    Another plus point is that it covers up two of the Cannondale logo’s thus only leaving 10 massive Cannondale logo’s for somebody to catch a glimpse of!

toys19
    Free Member

Ordered a Trigger 4 for the wife yesterday. Now where to get a 31.9 150 lev from?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Isn’t that a 31.6 seatpost rather than 31.9? That’s certainly what the spec says on the Pauls website.

toys19
    Free Member

Its 31.6, just a mistype/speak.
    Is there actually 31.9?? I dont think so.

Earl
    Free Member

After following this thread for the last week – I’ve cracked – Trigger 4 on the way.

The only better way to have spent £1k would have been to get lesson and learn how to ride properly.

As I mainly ride the local Bristol trails I may be a bit over biked.

jonnyt
    Free Member

Here’s my Trigger 4. Stuck a dual position Pike on, which should work well with the shock hopefully – 120mm Front/85mm Rear on the ups, 150mm/140mm on the downs.

Pretty impressed so far, build quality and paint finish are really good, slightly weightier than expected though.

Hoping to take it out for it’s first proper run tomorrow. Dropper and 1x to follow when funds allow. Thanks OP.

granny_ring

How much is it coming in at jonny?

jet26
    Free Member

If anyone decides their xl is too big for them…

binners

jonnyt – Dude, What on earth is going on with that stem? 😯

Just built mine up and had a fiddle with the suspension settings. Its a medium Trigger 3. My first thoughts are:

1) How compact and simple, and solid (but not heavy) it feels. I think we’re going to get on on that score. Just feels right straight away.

2) What a ridiculous amount of bike it is for under £1300. Dropper, X9 kit and everything for that kind of money. Bonkers! Particularly so given its coming in at a good 400 quid cheaper than the similarly specced hardtail I was going to buy (new P7)

3) those narrowish flat bars and my relationship will probably be about to be measured in hours, possibly minutes.

Its ready to rock for the Rammy Jennride tomorrow. I just now I’ll stack it horrendously on one of the chutes and put a massive gauge down the pristine paintwork

Hey ho! 😀

jonnyt
    Free Member

How much is it coming in at jonny?

Just over 32lbs/14.5kg on my cheapo scales for the stock large. Closer to 30 now with the wheel and tyre change, which is good enough for me.

jonnyt – Dude, What on earth is going on with that stem?

I know, beautiful isn’t it :-). Needed a cheap 1 1/8 stem to get the forks fitted and thought the orange might work, but it doesn’t. Will be going for a slightly shorter (70mm) black stem at some point. It’s currently the same length as stock (80mm), but looks a lot longer in 1 1/8 form.

Goldigger
    Free Member

RustyNissanPrairie,
    Do you have a link for that foam tape? Sounds like that would be perfect for the swing arm on my 5..

Cheers

granny_ring

Just over 32lbs/14.5kg on my cheapo scales for the stock large. Closer to 30 now with the wheel and tyre change, which is good enough for me.

Cheers, what tyres are they?

RustyNissanPrairie

RustyNissanPrairie,
    Do you have a link for that foam tape? Sounds like that would be perfect for the swing arm on my 5..

Cheers

I think its this stuff;
    http://shop.deltarubber.co.uk/rubber-strip/self-adhesive-expanded-neoprene-rubber-strip/self-adhesive-expanded-neoprene-rubber-strip.html

but I’m not 100% sure – I found it in an old closed department at work. I’ve used it on a few frames including a mates 5 and it works well.
    My roll looks like this;

free uploader

andyl
    Free Member

Arghh can’t decide!

Trigger 4 is a great price but I would rather a pike fork. I could do as above and get a pike 150 (cheapest I found is £380) and sell the fox. But what change will reducing the offset bring?

Or go for the Jekyll 4. The 3 has the rct3 not the rc and a dropper but I have a reverb on my c456 that will fit and prefer shimano.

Jonnyt – what offset pike did you fit and how does it feel?

jonnyt
    Free Member

Jonnyt – what offset pike did you fit and how does it feel?

Pike fitted is 46mm offset, so 5mm less than standard. Not been for a decent ride yet so too early to comment on feel I’m afraid. The decreased offset and slight increase in travel both increase fork trail, so in 150mm mode it’s closer to the Jekyll in terms of trail, but slightly under the stock trigger when in 120mm mode. All feels slightly strange to me after riding a 100mm Spearfish for the past year or so.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Just about to head out on my Trigger 2 for a blast. Perfect weather 8)

Jason
    Free Member

Have fun. I have just got back from an early morning spin on mine.

hammerite
    Free Member

Not experienced in the world of full suspension/geometries/bike handling… But any reason why the stem is so tiny on the Trigger 3? It’s not a massive problem really, but my Garmin mount does sit quite right on it!

yossarianlives
    Free Member

Was looking at the Calibre Bossnut as my first full-susser, then came across this thread and couldn’t not order a Trigger 4 (much to the other half’s horror)

I’m 5’11” with a 31″ leg, went for a medium as my current bike (a large Scott Scale 760) still feels too large and barge like despite fitting a short stem and pushing the saddle right the way forward, whilst every other medium hardtail I have ever ridden feels just about right. Fingers crossed I’ve made the right decision, will have to wait for next week to find out…

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.