Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cannondale Headshock problem
  • Davemunk
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Just picked up a Cannondale Badboy for commuting to and from work.

The headhok is flat as a pancake so I’ve had a go at adding more air with my trusty fox shock pump. However, there’s a problem- it won’t hold any air. The needle on the guage won’t move past 0psi – so I’m begining to think that there’s something up with it.

The fork is a Cannondale Fatty SL Ultra

Has anyone got any experience of rebuilding or using one? Or do you know where I can get it fixed and how much it’s likely to cost?

Cheers.

Dave

rolkin
    Free Member

is the valve core tight?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

S/H bike? Could be that the seals have blown. Headshox aren’t very ‘user-sevicable’ unfortunately.

A Cannondale dealer should be able to have it sorted, but it might cost a fair whack. Could be £90 or more, depending on the state of the fork internals.

7hz
    Free Member

What year is it?

Try not screwing the shock pump in all the way, try just screwing it in enough to open the valve an no more, then try pumping.

Also check the valve is in tight.

If you do all of that and there is still a problem, then I’m afraid it is off to the service centre and you are looking at £150 plus.

BigR

It may be worth speaking to Tony at Thumbprint Tuning. Certainly worth checking the valve is screwed in properly. Where you aware it was knackered when you bought it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Headshock problem’ is closed to new replies.