Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Cannock – Scum have stolen 5 of my bikes
  • gixer.john
    Free Member

Around 7.30 – 8 oclock tonight, some scrotes climbed over our back gate, opened the kitchen door took the keys which were in the door, opened the garage and took 5 bikes through the back garden and into the woods.
    We had just finished our tea, Mrs Gixer who is 7 months pregnant went for a shower and i was looking at bikes on the computer. Down stairs 20 minutes later and couldn’t find the keys, look in the garage and see a nice clear passage where the bikes used to be 👿 Bastards must have been peeking over the 7 foot fence while we were eating our tea.
    Woods over the back of us are pitch black, so must be peeps who know there way around here. Mrs gixer is freaked out about them having been in the house to get the keys. Locks now changed.
    Maximum insurance for any garage theft is £2k 🙁
    Bikes “were”
    50cm Bianchi Via Nirone blue and silver
    15″ Marin Mount Vision with Maverick SC32’s
    16″ Whyte 19 with Manitou Minutes
    52cm Trek Madone 5.2 SC with SLK carbon cranks
    16″ BMC Four stroke 03
    Troute light Darkness Dominator

anyone hear or see anything – let me know

ta

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bugger – you have my sympathies

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Sorry to here that mate hope you get them back and the missus is ok fingers crossed karma will hunt them down and do the right thing

xcneil
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this and good luck for getting them back

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Road riding round the Staff’s area tomorrow so will keep ’em peeled.

Clobber
    Free Member

At least they only stole your kids bikes…

Ringo
    Free Member

That sucks mate, have you posted on chase trails forum

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Whyte 19

Is one of my saved ebay searches. If I see anything – I’ll be in touch. I think / imagine this a targetted job. Probably bikes will be split etc.

Any photos?

Bastards-You have my sympathies etc.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was gonna say ‘pondlife’ but pondlife is useful to the world.
    I’ve had bikes nicked so know how you feel mate.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Same here my bike taken Friday night, I’m scanning all the obvious places for mine so I’ll keep my eye out for any of yours to.

Fingers crossed.

takisawa2

Few miles away here, in Lichfield but an eye will be duly kept out.
    Usual advice, EBay auto search & some well worded Wtd ads might tempt the low life scum into replying…

scraprider
    Free Member

oh dear i hope you get them back , is it ok to hope they are caught and get a really good kicking.

rp16v
    Free Member

i no its a long shot but a 50cm bianchi has poped up on gumtree in bristol this morning

HermanShake
    Free Member

Mate, that’s awful! 🙁

If you haven’t already, tell the rozzers. Then post up on Pinkbike, Bikeradar and any other UK forum you can find explaining that the police have been alerted.

MODS, please give this thread a priority!

gixer.john
    Free Member

Clobber – made me and Mrs G laugh when we read that.

Police arrived at 11.15 last night and seem to have a good idea who it was.
    SOCO have just left, but didn’t bother fingerprinting anything.

Mrs G is real stressed that they were bold enough to come into the kitchen while we were in the house. She is starting her maternity leave with being pregnasnt is worried about being in the house herself 🙁

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

terrible news – gutted for you, in such a fashion to walk in your house 🙁 whilst your there

the thing is with 5 bikes going, you say they have escaped over the woods, but in reality is this possible? 5 bikes is hard to shift unless you have at least 4 people doing it, is there no way it was one person then shifted them into a van outside house or something? defo sounds like you have been followed home or some other way of knowing that you had something specific they were after?

either way thats pretty shocking stuff 🙁

scum!

iainc

scary indeed.

We always try and remember and keep the back door locked and the bike lock keys hidden away, but it’s easy to forget…

MrAgreeable

Save your bikes as searches on eBay and rss feeds on Gumtree, then you’ll be notified by email or feed reader when one is listed for sale.

i no its a long shot but a 50cm bianchi has poped up on gumtree in bristol this morning

OP says the bike was blue and silver. It’ll be a very long shot if they’ve managed to respray it too!

http://www.gumtree.co.uk/p/for-sale/bianchi-via-nirone-c2c/98163964

donks
    Free Member

Dude, im really sorry about that 😡

Just a question but as they got the keys and took then away (I presume)does this in any way affect insurance? I mean ground anchors and high security locks and chains will be redundant if the keys are obtained so will the insurers take issue with the availability of the keys??

I mean no offence with this but am just interested to know as they always harp on about levels of security and it seems a damn sight easier to hop some ones fence and get the keys which are almost always in the door (I know ours are) than to mechanically remove the locks which is very noisy and will ultimately take longer…it’s a concern and I will be stashing my keys elsewhere from now.

weeble
    Free Member

Thats really bad news will keep eyes open in the Walsall/Staffordshire area.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Oscillate – i can see the tyre tracks across the grass, so definatley taken through the woods at the back. Front garage door was not opened. So it is someone with local knowledge as the woods are pitch dark at that time of night.

Ianc, i usually lock the door but as we were both in the house and moving around, there is a 7 foot timber fence and gate and the garage door was locked i just didn’t anticipate something like this happening at 8’ish at night. Maybe the middle of the night or afternoon when nobody is around.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh right, fair enough thats truly awful then, sounds like a group at least have done it, either that or a single person had the cheek to come back 3 or 4 times to pick each one up….that said theres no way they could carry all 5 through the woods alone….just out of interest have you checked the woods this morning to see if they have been stashed? also did they leave the keys after or are they still missing too?

richc
    Free Member

sounds like time to get a dog….

MarkN
    Free Member

Hey that is awful news, bikes gone and scum in your house. I hope that the misses is able to calm down and no unplanned early arrivals. That cant be nice for her for sure. Good luck for 2 months time.

All the best on getting the bikes back.

iainc

Ianc, i usually lock the door but as we were both in the house and moving around, there is a 7 foot timber fence and gate and the garage door was locked i just didn’t anticipate something like this happening at 8’ish at night. Maybe the middle of the night or afternoon when nobody is around.

that’s been very much my thinking too, infact it’s only really unfortunate experiences of others that remind me to be diligent and keep doors locked, keys stashed, but totally agree that it’s well nigh impossible and not really something that we should have to do in our own homes 😥 I am always on at the kids to keep the garage door shut, gate closed etc, but it’s a losing battle….

gixer.john
    Free Member

We were only upsatirs for about 15 or 20 minutes, so think it must have been 3 or 4 of them that came and took the bikes. Had a look through the woods last night, but will be going over later to have another look. Local cops were over last night to see if they had been stashed.
    Am going for a drive around to see if anyone happens to be pushing or riding them around.

Found the keys this morning, they had been dropped beside one of our bushes.

passtherizla
    Free Member

get offered bikes by scrotes quite often (never anything worth that much) over by the merchants in Great Barr, will keep an eye out.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this John, I live in Hednesford so will keep an ear out for anything, i’ve just SMS’d a mate as he knows a few more undesirables than me so its fingers crossed.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Had a good scout around the woods earlier , but with 350 acres and the amount of time since the theft it was a bit of a forgone conclusion.
    Donks, hope the insurance will be OK about it as the incident is classed as a domestic burglary because they entered the house to get the keys.

Not much insurance cover compared to the bike value, but i thought with the garage being alarmed, with a fully double glazed triple lock door at the back and a 7 foot close board fence i would be OK, didn’t usually set the alarm until we went to bed. Don’t really expect anyone to enter your house while it is visibly occupied.

MarkN
    Free Member

bump for evn crowd.

project
    Free Member

The strange thing is your wife when having a shower will probably lock the bathroom door, or you will, so why dont peeps lock the exterior door to the house when theyre there, just imagine somebody walks in, what are you going to do possibly pick up a kniofe or something handy and hit them,or run and lock yourself in the bathroom.

Keeping the external door keys and the shed keys is a bad habit, you loose the set and your locked out of shed and home, always kep the shed keys hidden and on a large colured tag, so you can see it, its the advice i give my customers.

Sincerely hope you get the bikes back, or replaced.

creamegg
    Free Member

locking the bathroom door is more to do with privacy than security. You dont expect people to jump the back fence and enter your house, especially when your home!

Keeping the external door keys and the shed keys is a bad habit, you loose lose the set and your locked out

thats nothing to do with what happened to the OP. who says he hasnt a spare set for the garage?

Good luck getting your bikes back, i know how it feels i had my bike nicked, but nowhere near as bad as your circumstances

project
    Free Member

opened the kitchen door took the keys which were in the door, opened the garage and took 5 bikes through the back garden and into the woods.

Its strange how my customers want a motrice sash lock on the bathroom door and a rim cylinder on the front door, even when they live alone and nobody else should be in the house, even though they have a poor lock on the front door.

Hope that clears up the matter cremegg

trailster
    Free Member

Ditto, time to get a DOG.

flip
    Free Member

gixer.john

YGM

smudge
    Free Member

Don’t know how to,link to a Facebook page but ‘search’ for ‘chase trails – follow the dog’ as there’s someone on there saying he had some guy flogging bikes down by the railway line by the monkey trail yesterday.

I know it was the day before, but may still be linked

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out too- hope their testes wither and drop off

The dog idea is worth considering for peace of mind

project
    Free Member

Its the cannock xc this sunday , so pop down and have a look someone may have bought one of your bikes quite legaly as they thought to ride.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Real cesspit this cuntry is now, shame.

But didn’t you say you left the keys in the door what external lock???

If so then fair game, nah just kiddin, just keep the mrs cooled down as it is a weird feeling I must admit especially when your at home at the time which has happened to me too.

still worse things have happened…

chris63682
    Free Member

Hi all

I’ve just woke up this morning to find my black and silver Giant Yukon FX1 stolen in similar circumstances to the OP in Hednesford. 🙁 please please keep your eyes open for it people 🙁 we need to stop this vile scum thats doing this 🙁

It’s a Giant Yukon FX1 black and silver (broken gear hanger at present) Tora 302 forks and red saddle bag.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Cannock – Scum have stolen 5 of my bikes’ is closed to new replies.