Home Forums Bike Forum Cannock Chase conditions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cannock Chase conditions?
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Hi
    Planning to go to Cannock on Saturday. Weather looks pants and it’s been raining and wet for weeks already. Does anyone know what the conditions are currently like? Any recommendations? (other than not going!)
    Cheers

hora
    Free Member

Shiny pebbles.

rocketman
    Free Member

Just the usual diarrhoea-like layer of black liquid sand over shiny wet pebbles. Braking bumps full of water. Not much in the way of actual mud unless you venture off-piste

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

A puddle-tastic-splash-fest.

The two main descents on the Monkey (upper & lower cliff) have many mahoosive puddles holding lots of water. Your shins & feet will get a proper soaking…we’re talking water-filled shoes with accompanying squelching.

fozzybear
    Free Member

LOL @ Hora.
    i’m going to pickup a CC pebble to hand to you next time i see you.
    you can wear it like a trinket ;)

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m heading up to do the dog monkey and off piste tomorrow so will report back

jekkyl

Take waterproofs & you won’t go wrong.

jamj1974

Lots of water – not much actual mud. Off piste is a totally different story.

hora
    Free Member

Please don’t stone me to death! :D

Scamper
    Free Member

Make sure you are riding a Patriot or something equally AM to cope with the huge shiny rocks pebbles. :D

hora
    Free Member

Thats not me who rides a Patriot. I’ve seen that bloke, **** hes sexy and rides his bike like he has snake hips ;)

mindmap3
    Free Member

I was there last Saturday and it was pretty wet, so I imagine it’s only got worse, but as I’ve finished work early today I’m heading up there in a bit.

Still not felt the ill effect of the pebbles that nearly killed Hora.

fozzybear
    Free Member

everything wants to kill Hora.
    pebbles, girls, the internet, etc, etc :)

I’ve actually met Hora (he won’t remember me) and he is actually a nice chap and less opinionated in real life. Bought a few bits of him too.

Agree though CC hate those pebbles

mindmap3
    Free Member

Went tonight and it wad pretty grim. Really wet and the puddles on upper and lower cliff are pretty deep. So deep that wildlife has started moving in!

Didn’t see anyone else out…to be honest I’m not that surprised.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Well we went, we saw, we got wet. Actually the weather was kinder than we expected on Saturady and we even saw some sunshine later on. The trails were vey wet in places and we were all covered in a layer of gritty mud within yards of leaving the car park. Destroyed a fairly new set of rear brake pads by half way round. Binned it at slow speed on one of the black rocky sections and wimped out of the following one. Surprised at how much climbing there is but we all had a good day. Thanks to all that posted here and yes those pebbles are slippy even with a super tacky front tyre.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase conditions?’ is closed to new replies.