Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can you recommend a tyre inflator for my compressor please?
  • Mugboo

Got a Wolf compressor for my birthday but the tyre inflator that came with it is pants. I’ve had a good look and it’s obvious that most of them are from the same factories and branded differently.

Mine looks like it cost less than a tenner. If I pay double will it be twice as good? Anybody got one that works?

Northwind

Mine is just a random cheapo one, it works fine tbh… Though I chopped the end off to fit a dual valve head.

br
    Free Member
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

http://www.prestaflator.com/

It really is very, very good indeed!

Agree entirely about the cheap ones that come with compressors – I got a Clarke one and it is entirely useless! I couldn’t get an inner tube up to pressure with a Presta adaptor using it, let alone seat a UST tyre (I think it gave up at about 10 – 15psi)

The Prestaflator is the absolute opposite. I keep finding other things to inflate with it now 😉

Northwind

The Prestaflator looks like it’s the same basic gun as mine, which came in one of those 5-air-tools-for-£10 packs.

br
    Free Member

The hose and Presta end would be ideal, if you could buy the here…

charliedontsurf

Park do a double headed one…. I must get one for the shop.

Mugboo

Northwind – I think lots of them look alike but I think the quality must vary hugely. Presumably some are copies of something decent.
    Mine looks like that but just let’s air out rather than clipping firmly into place.

Northwind

TBH Mugboo I reckon they just buy a stack of guns from the same source as everyone else, and stick their own ends on them. Which is fine but there’s nothing stopping you doing the same. I got a double-ended valve from Decathlon for about £3, chopped the end off the hose, wanged it on- job done.

Agree that the standard valves vary wildly though.

Ooooh snowplough! DUGGDGAGAGUADGHADGHGDHAG

Mugboo

True enough. I’ll try a new end first. It blows air fine it just won’t blow it into a tyre! I’ll take my Stanley knife to the local BP, I’m sure I’ve spent enough over years..

Charlie – that looks nice but my compressor with tools was only a fiver more 🙂

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

A few years ago I bought a spare head kit for a topeak jo blow

I think I still have it sitting on a shelf in the loft

If you need it you can have it for the cost of the postage, I think it has various connections for compressor lines

Mugboo

Yes please 🙂

Mugbooatgmaildotcom

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Emailed you buddy!

Mugboo

YGM & money 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend a tyre inflator for my compressor please?’ is closed to new replies.