Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you recall this very surreal 80s black comedy tv series?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Patchy memory, but I am sure I saw it, on Channel 4 around the mid 80s. The only thing that sticks in my memory is a giant prawn, and by giant I mean 3m tall, chasing people down an otherwise normal British high street.

I think it was real. I might have been high on legalised drugs at the time!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Triffids on crack?

Drac

Trigger Happy TV? but that wasn’t the 80s

maccruiskeen

Jam?

piemonster

Jam is noughties

But worryingly, the giant prawn is triggering memories, dark memories blocked from normal thoughts

maccruiskeen

They Came from Somewhere Else

“The story is set in the fictional British new town of Middleford where Wendy, Colin and Martin are leading very dull, formulaic lives. The arrival of an American suffering from amnesia coincides with a series of increasingly bizarre events including a rain of liver, people getting sucked into drains, migraines so severe that they cause heads to explode, and zombies taking over the supermarket.”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO3m_nptzR4[/video]

piemonster

Any chance it’s a scene from the comic strip?

maccruiskeen

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd50deNjLZg[/video]

Episode 4 from about 23mins onwards

geetee1972
    Free Member

They Came from Somewhere Else

I almost certain this was the programme. I’ve had a quick scan of the episodes and can’t see any giant prawns, but part of my memory was convined that there was an american in it.

I was 12 at the time so what the hell I was doing watching this is beyond me. Might explain a few things.

<Edit> and there are the giant prawns!

piemonster

The real question is what the **** is wrong with maccruiskeens mind that the memory was that easily found….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s got nothing on Noseybonk……

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you recall this very surreal 80s black comedy tv series?’ is closed to new replies.