Home Forums Chat Forum Can we have a dog thread?

Viewing 11 posts - 561 through 571 (of 571 total)
  • Can we have a dog thread?
    johnjn2000

My! What big ears you have!

VideoCapture_20240709-095106

susepic

Roksy has had her dinner, but never quite satisfied…..

20240924_210458

susepic

Dogs are funny the way they have different characters….. it’s nearly a year since our white schnauzer Rafa passed….he thought he was human….but Roksy seems to think that we are dogs…20230930_135616

They’re funny. Our hound carries on like she works a high-pressure 40 hour week.

IMG-20240924-WA0000

bruk

IMG_8401Kiwi’s hair is coming back. She is less itchy and the Malassezia (yeast) infection is going so she isn’t as smelly! DNA test been taken for a bit of entertainment. Total of 40kg of dog on the sofa now! 

thelawman

Warning – spaniel incoming. Huey off the lead and heading back at full chat.

20240928_161207

It’s a long way from here to the beach, so an open field has to suffice most days, but when I call and wave the bag of carrots, he’s generally pretty good on the recall. ‘Generally’ being relative. Sight of a rabbit or hare would probably change that very suddenly.

Ambrose

DSC_1048

Ambrose

That’s Max that is, waiting for a bit of faggot at the Tywi Bridge Inn.

ditch_jockey

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to our 17 year old Welsh Collie on Wednesday. Her health had been failing for the last few months, and we’d been warned by the vet that the end was drawing near. We had a great week’s holiday with her up in Braemar, visiting some of her favourite spots, including this lovely afternoon at the Linn of Dee, where she puddled about in the water and watched our young Collie chasing balls and swimming. She took a turn for the worse on Sunday night, so we came home on Monday and, after a trip to the vet on Tuesday morning, we knew the end had come. Wednesday was pretty emotional; she wanted to go for a little walk round our neighbours, then came home and fell asleep wrapped in her favourite blanket in our back garden, while I cuddled her in my arms in the sunshine. She slept peacefully until it was time to take her to the vet one last time, where she was gently helped into her final sleep. We miss her massively, but so glad she had such a gentle ending.

IMG_2692

joshvegas
    Free Member

What a lucky dog, one last paddle, one last lap and a cuddle.

She looks like a very lovely hound.

thelawman

And 17 too, that’s impressive. She was very lucky to have you that long

Viewing 11 posts - 561 through 571 (of 571 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.