Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can I import Memory Map OS maps in to Tracklogs ?
  • I've got the whole of the UK on Memory Map.
    I'm using Tracklogs on 30 day free trial.
    If I could use my Memory Map OS maps on Tracklogs I'd buy it as it's got the ability to add text boxes and other stuff that comes in handy for making trailquest maps.
    Is it possible ?

RDL-82
    Free Member

looked into this in the past and the answer seems to be no, as they are in a propriatry format and protected and as far as i could find out no one has bothered or at least succeded in decoding it.

You can add text in memory map or at least in version 5,unless you mean something else and i've mis understood your question that is…

pedalhead
    Free Member

Ignore, got wrong end of stick!

highclimber
    Free Member

Hi, digital OS maps cannot be imported into another digital mapping software due to Ordnance Surveys Copyright restrictions preventing any company that resells their maps from allowing such practices.
    Also the mappping company wouldn't allow it anyway due to the loss of revenue from allowing it.

If you want to change over to a different provider I know that Mapyx Quo offer a 'trade in' of 25% off the online price of their maps of the same area you wish to swap for though I don't know if Tracklogs do the same.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

:?you can add text boxes on Memory Map. select the text button on the menu bar – click on the map where you want it to be etc.

Hey, you're both right you know, you can add text boxes in Memory Map.
    How did I miss that ? 🙄

I was going to say that TL is better because it allows me to print over more than one page, but I just worked out how to do that in MM as well.

All in all, the two are very similar. There's slight differences in the way they work, but overall, there's nothing much to choose between them.

nickjb
    Free Member

I was going to say that TL is better because it allows me to print over more than one page, but I just worked out how to do that in MM as well.

Can you elaborate. I was trying this in MM last week without much luck.

Actually, now you ask, maybe it's not MM that gives that option, maybe it's my printer, an HP 1200.

When I print I tick the Print Preview option.
    On the Preview page there is a Document Properties button.
    Click that, Click Finishing.
    Select Tiling.
    Select 2×2, 3×3 etc.
    You can then Select Tiles and delete some to end up with a 2×1 or 1×2 or whatever you need to print your map over several A4 pages.

Having just checked all that, I'm sure it is on the printer set up, not on MM itself.
    If you haven't got that facility on your printer, then that's one place that TL does beat MM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can I import Memory Map OS maps in to Tracklogs ?’ is closed to new replies.