Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 489 total)
  • Can anyone lend me a mint sauce key ring for a few days
  • genghispod
    Free Member

What a bunch of whingers you are, plus I’ve not seen people gather round to give someone a kicking since I was at school.

The product is as described; we who ordered did so after having a description of size, options and pictures of colours.

Ok it took a looooooooooooong time to turn up and Jo has been surprisingly uncommunicative for someone who “tweets” (?????? WTF?) but those of us with a memory will recall that other members of this illustrious forum warned us to expect nothing less, and that was quite early on.

Personally I have far better things to get stressed about, should I ever decide to try ‘being stressed’ than a delay in something which
    a)makes no practical difference to my life
    b)I wouldn’t have ever had but for chancing on a thread on a forum
    c)I paid a bloody fortune for so long ago it doesn’t matter now

Chill people, listen to the friendly dolphins etc. Many of you should have spent time smoking pot before adulthood.

P.S. thanks Jo, I like it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Many of you should have spent time smoking pot before adulthood.

I see you point. Ingesting a shit load of marijuana probably would make them look kinda ok.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You’d need heroin as well, then look at them through squinted eyes.

Coyote
    Free Member

After a good long hard look at the cufflinks, a brief contemplation of the thread and imagining the faces of those that received their goods this morning, I am going to take the good Jamie’s advice and leave, glad that I didn’t order and wait 12 months for something that bears a *passing* resemblance to Mint Sauce.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I don’t get it?
    a mouth with a tongue hanging out with 2 pills on it?

is it some 90’s acid house thing?

warton
    Free Member

come on, how much were they.

(I smoked weed throughout my teens and twenties, obviously not enough)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“is it some 90’s acid house thing?”

Those cufflinks look like the Inspiral Carpets ‘moo’ logo.

Where are the keyrings?

Jamie
    Free Member

brakes
    Free Member

roll up, roll aaaaap, three for a paaaaaaaaaaand

druidh
    Free Member

This one’s quite nice

KT1973
    Free Member

Well, if I ever end up on Death Row, I’ll be ordering mint sauce lamb chops made by Jo for my final meal.
    That should buy me some time…..

mattbee

I like those cufflinks, but they look nothing like Mint. I thought the whole point of the excersise was to reproduce something like those MBUK keyrings, which look exactly like the Mint in the cartoons? So glad I didn’t bother now…

Pook

are they meant to look like that mint picture??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Pook – Member

are they meant to look like that mint picture??

You’d think so.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

They look like a ghost with wonky nipples

Did you know what they were going to look like before you ordered them ?
    Or did you just order “mint sauce cuff links” and assume, not unreasonably, that they would look like the cartoon in the magazine ?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

hahahahahaha, the cufflinks don’t look anything like mint sauce! Did a blind person make them? or is it like those christmas cards drawn by people with no arms using their teeth? I’d have been interested if I had known they were for charity!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I don’t see how you’d explain what it is to people who don’t know what mint sauce is (and even if they did it’d be “yeah, I kinda see it”). Also I’m curious about the sort of formal situation where I’d be confident enough to say “yes, they’re silver cuff links in the image of a mountain biking cartoon sheep”.

I’m sure those who have them are happy. In the way that someone who’s spent £4k on a custom titanium frame and found out that it’s bobbins but can’t admit it to themselves is happy.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Shaudenfraude is a very unpleasant trait, maybe the most unpleasant.

uphilla
    Free Member

Have not read all the thread, but Can always copy stuff in Pewter if anyone has an original. You may have seen the head tube badges I have done elsewhere….bit cheaper than silver, but almost as shiny!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member

Shaudenfraude is a very unpleasant trait, maybe the most unpleasant.

It’s dreadful isn’t it, meanwhile..

JoB – Member
    quick update, the jeweller has replied, and she’s keen, we need to crunch numbers and discuss various arty-bollocksy things

It wasn’t a long discussion by the look of things.

wwaswas

Have not read all the thread, but Can always copy stuff in Pewter if anyone has an original

and so we come full circle…

OP: ‘Anyone got a Mint Sauce keyring’

JoB: ‘I’d rather you didn’t, it’s copyright but I may be able to sort soemthing out.’

nonk
    Free Member

it’s schadenfreude.

not being arsey i had to google it to see what it was.

Just a thought, and I may be baaarking up the wrong tree, but does an artist always own the copyright to their own creations ?

Is it possible that MBUK own the copyright and the only way Jo could launch this as a private venture was to make it look different to the original and not mention mint sauce on the product or packaging ?

wwaswas

Is it possible that MBUK own the copyright

Jo doesn’t work for mbuk/Future, I think if they owned it there’d be a lot of Mint tat being featured on covers etc.

Paul McCartney never “worked for” Michael Jackson, but I believe MJ bought the rights to the Beatles songs, which would mean that PMC would need to get MJ’s permission to perform his own songs.
    The only way round it would be to write another song in a similar style.

I know nothing about copyright law, I just wondered if that might be what happened here.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Jo doesn’t work for mbuk/Future, I think if they owned it there’d be a lot of Mint tat being featured on covers etc.

Cufflinks, for example..

scaredypants

I wondered that when I 1st read the thread
    JB didn’t say that he didn’t want them made because of copyright issues, he said he’d “rather not” as he’d been against the issue of the original keyrings

Anyhow, I’m glad this has reached (something like) a conclusion – though was quite engaging for a bystander like me

uplink
    Free Member

Paul McCartney never “worked for” Michael Jackson, but I believe MJ bought the rights to the Beatles songs, which would mean that PMC would need to get MJ’s permission to perform his own songs.

Nah, Jackson’s company bought half of a company that had a half interest in the copyright of Beatles music – or something complicated like that
    Northern Music – I think
    He – effectively – had a 1/4 share in royalties

anyway Macca can sing & record what he likes

Oh, OK thanks, I got the details wrong, but you get the idea.

So, does anyone know for sure who does own the copyright ?

warton
    Free Member

I’m assuming if you look at the cartoons in MBUK they’ll be a copyright symbol, and the name of who owns it?

uplink is right re Macca / MJ although wasn’t it Northern songs, set up by Epstein for McCartney and Lennon compositions?

uplink
    Free Member
    paulrockliffe
    Free Member

This thread has truly delivered!

“I don’t really want Mint Sauce cufflinks making, but I’ll take your money and send you some sheep cufflinks instead.”

He’s properly had your pants down kiddies!

That’s kind of what I’m trying to get at.
    If Jo doesn’t own the copyright, then they are not mint sauce cuff links, all he has done is act as a middleman between the buyers and the jeweller to get some generic sheep cuff links made.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I cannot belief that after this long a wait for this shonky work [ look like cheap Taiwanese copies] that some people are actually happy with the product and service ….defies belief

wwaswas

all the Mint strips have “copyright Jo ‘often something slightly depressing’ Burt” on them.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Hope you guys like them.. personally I’d be pretty gutted to have paid a few quid and waited a year for those.. They look cheap (maybe it’s the photo, but the finishing looks awful and uneven) and nothing like mint sauce in the slightest.. the ears, eyes, shape of face etc are all totally different to the normal illustration.. that may well be the jeweller’s fault/limitations rather than Jo’s though..

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I like the look of the cuff links Jamie posted up there ^^ Where are they from? ‘The ‘mint sauce’ ones, on the other hand, not great.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Can anyone lend me a Mint Sauce keyring for a few days?

I’m thinking of getting some earrings done.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Great idea GG! I’ve got one. Tell you what, we could get some other stuff done, make a few quid for ourselves too! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone lend me a mint sauce key ring for a few days’ is closed to new replies.