Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can anyone help with my computer problem please?
  • restless
    Free Member

Hi.
    I have an Acer netbook and tonight I have tried to open my Documents library and I get a message saying

‘documents library is no longer working. this library can safely be deleted from your computer. Folders that have been included will not be affected’

Can anyone advise me what to do?
    I don’t want to lose all my work and no I didn’t have back up copies.

I get the same message when I try to open my Pictures library too 🙁

pennine
    Free Member

You could give this a try
    Here

Greybeard
    Free Member

Assuming this is Windows 7, Libraries are just another way of looking at your folders; the folders themselves exist in their own loacations. So I think what’s happened is the Library view is broken but the files will still be there, somewhere. If you can’t remember where the folders are (try C:\users\[your username]) do a search of C: for some file names or endings.

restless
    Free Member

It is windows 8.

I have managed to look in ‘my recent places’ and email a document to my son, but on my email account it says there is no document attached, but he did receive it and he has emailed it back to me and it is there.

the problem is not all of my documents were in folders, the ones I am still working on were just under ‘documents’ not specific folders, that’s where I put them once I have completed the work .

restless
    Free Member

I have just read the link and that is the same as my message . I want to try it but am scared when I restore the default libraries they will be empty…wish me luck

pennine
    Free Member

Being an old DOS user, I have never followed the trend of using ‘My Documents’ or whatever the default is. I’ve always created my own directories (sorry folders) direct from the root.

restless
    Free Member

Being an old DOS user, I have never followed the trend of using ‘My Documents’ or whatever the default is. I’ve always created my own directories (sorry folders) direct from the root.

I’m really not very good with computers, so wouldn’t know where to start.
    But thank you for the help, I have successfully done it with my videos and music libraries now, so just photos and docs to go 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help with my computer problem please?’ is closed to new replies.