• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by scud.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Camping – Norfolk – Advice wanted
  • jet26
    Free Member

Evening all

Anyone recommend a good campsite somewhere near ish the coast in North Norfolk?

Fancy heading down for a few days in August with the bikes (road and mtb)

Cheers

James

jet26
    Free Member

Bump

demonracer

Tent or caravan/camper? How close to the coast would you like and what facilities?

sandboy

Burnham Deepdale is popular, great location near to cafe and pub with a shortish walk to the beach. My kids like Breck Farm near Kelling Heath, the site is surrounded by woodland and you are allowed to have a camp fire. The beaches are better at Burnham/Brancaster.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Breck Farm, Bodham, pretty much next door to Kelling Heath
    A couple of miles from Holt, about three or four to Sheringham and seven ish to Cromer. The site doesn’t have an awful lot in the way of facilities but is relaxed and they allow fires.

jet26
    Free Member

Thanks guys and sorry for lack of info.

Be taking the tent. Facilities wise ideally at least hot showers as takin the Mrs

John_Key
    Free Member

Yep Burnham Deepdale is a nice spot and friendly folk run it (or used to)

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Manor fm is good 10-15 walk down to the beach supermarkets right near it and there’s some good MTB stuff around that way http://www.manorfarmcampsite.co.uk/

scud
    Free Member

As a North Norfolk resident, all the above campsites are good.

Wells next the Sea has just been voted best beach in Britain, the beaches at Burnham Deepdale and Burnham Staithe are also beautiful and quiet. Avoid Hunstanton unless you like a scaled down Blackpool with chips and arcades!

Lots of brilliant road cycling round there, and lots of places to cycle with kids on Holkham Estate and Sandringham. Not a great deal of mountain biking, except for at Sheringham, where the country park behind the cliffs has some trails and it is good to ride along the cliff top.

jet26
    Free Member

Cheers will have a look. Scud – will have the car so will probably just drive to Thetford one day with the mtbs.

stumpy01

Deepdale campsite was pretty good when we went a few years ago. It’s quite popular, so I’d recommend getting a booking in early.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

The one in the beach at wells next to sea is great ended up staying there for a month with work in 2011 there is a pine forest that seems to go on forever right on the beach as crazy as that sounds and it’s attached the camp site

Bimbler
    Free Member

wrt my comment about lack of facilities at Breck Farm, they have plenty of showers etc, but you have to pay, 50p I think. Also a small shop which sells eggs (from the farm itself), wood for the campfires and firelighters etc and some sweets, but that’s about it. I keep going back due to location and campfires, not really that keen on uk camping without a fire.

MrGreedy

The campsite at Overstrand (near Cromer) was quite good when I stayed a couple of years ago. No idea about campfires etc, but the facilities were fine and the location is great – it’s on the cliff immediately above the beach. There are two pubs in the village, or there’s a nice walk a couple of miles along the cliffs to Cromer itself.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Scud, and others. What’s Deers Glade Campsite like?

the-muffin-man

Have a look at http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

The website has an olde world feel, but I’ve found the campsite reviews to be pretty accurate.

MoreCashThanDash

Deers Glade was ace when we went, clean, enough space, friendly staff, handy for the coast and other stuff. This was 2012 I’ve just realised.

And before you ask for ideas of things to do, Bewilderwood is the only answer you need.

Evesie
    Free Member

High Sand Creek at Stiffkey is by far the best site along that coast in my opinion – gets booked up during the hol’s but give it a try. Superb walks out onto the massive beach – after a bit of creek dodging – which is good fun. Good quiet lanes for some road peddlin’ but not much for the MTB locally. Fantastic sunsets too.

scud
    Free Member

Not been to Deers Glade campsite sorry, conscensus at work here, is that it is one of the more family orientated ones, so good if you have kids. Without kids, there are quieter ones.

High Sand Creek is ace though, but you need to book well in advance usually as they get booked up

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Camping – Norfolk – Advice wanted’ is closed to new replies.