Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Camping mat advice, please
  • scaredypants

Advice please,

Needed for my daughter who’s starting to do a bit of camping wi’t scouts

Needs to be fairly light (she’s carrying it 26 miles one weekend soon and up and down a mountain in summer) so I assume inflatable is probably best option ?

She’s about 5ft 6 and not very heavy if that matters

oh, and dirt cheap, obvz

Thankingyou 🙂

muzzle
    Free Member

If you mean one of those self-inflating ones, they’re surprisingly weighty. A foam one would be lighter.

xcracer1
    Free Member

The foam ones are cheap and reliable, but uncomfortable imo.

Self inflationg mats are better at around £25, neoair oe expeds are better/more comfortable still but are around £80.

Id go for a £25 ish self inflating to start with.

jamiep
    Free Member

Alpkit Airo

Basil

Used this alot. Like it does not puncture or delaminate and I can use it as a sit mat
    Z Lite

scaredypants

self-inflating ??

scaredypants

*googles*

*sees*

😳

kcal

I’m ve got the Z Lite as above. It’s not the smallest item out there, but pretty light and most comfy over any of my foam mattresses. Thoroughly recommend it, have had for 20-25 years now – lovely bit of kit..

Think of it like squash able egg-boxes..

grum
    Free Member

Alpkit Numo. Not used in anger yet but it’s miles comfier than the ‘self-inflating’ ones. Very pleased so far.

Wibble
    Free Member

Mrs Wibble has one of these –

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/mountain-equipment-womens-helium-3-8-sleeping-mat-83110022?id_colour=105

I have the men’s version and we love them. Took them touring in France last year and they’re not that heavy.

scaredypants

Thanks y’aw

will do some reading. Child, though smallish, thinks she needs wider than 50cm – any thoughts on this vs 60cm ones ? (bit heavier, naturally)

sharkbait
    Free Member

I got my daughter a s/h Thermarest off ebay and a new Alpkit Numo and gave her the choice – the Numo won. Both about 360gms but the Numo is longer and thicker [missus]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Camping mat advice, please’ is closed to new replies.