Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camera Cases for Small SLR
  • Kahurangi

I got myself a Micro 4/3 system camera and need a case or more likely pair of cases to make sure I get the most out of it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Case no. 1 – Something small and able to take the camera and wide angle/pancake lens would be the ideal starting point. Waterproof/raincover.

Case no. 2 – Don’t mind it being quite a bit larger – with space for wide lens, pancake lens and tele, for days/weeks out. The 45-200 tele (85-400 35mm equiv) still isn’t huge but must be about 10cm long.

I used to have a Lowepro Apex series case for a bridge camera. It was a bit bulky but was padded and had a raincover. I did have some success at attaching it to a rucksack too. Not sure if these go larger than that one.

Any recommendations? 🙂

/ninja edit – I know it’s not actually an SLR – I thought I’d point that out before someone else did :-p but it’s clearly more of an SLR size than a compact!

DrP

I’ve a gf1, which (with pancake lens) fits into a larger apex bag…. Look on amazon to see max apex size?

DrP

bamboo
    Free Member

I like my crumpler case… Seems very well made and also doesn’t scream ‘expensive camera in here’ like other camera branded bags.

johnellison
    Free Member

Get on eBay, see if you can find any Camera Care Systems (CCS) bags. They were originally made for the British Antarctic Survey and are absolutely bomb-proof. Unfortunately they are no longer made but you can occasionally pick up NOS or very good second hand. Not cheap though.

Kahurangi
    DezB
    Free Member

7DayShop.com have some good cases at nice cheap prices.
    I bought the Samsonite one (£10!) for my Sony, fits camera and 2 lenses quite nicely. Would need something bigger if/when my lens collection increases.

RustyMac

I got a lowepro case for my Nikon 1 micro 4/3 camera. One I get the baby changed and quiet again I’ll find the model and take a pic.

I may be some time – sorry.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have some old Crumpler bags looking for new homes – smallish SLR system cases. I think we are keeping one for my partner to use, but if you are interested could do some photographs of the other.

Would only be looking for £20 posted 😉

I seem to have waaaay too many camera bags these days!

RustyMac

As promised here are some pics of the case i wen’t for. Lowepro compact courier 70.

Lowepro camera case by RustyMac, on Flickr

All the gubbins i store in it.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kata holster bag, which i’ve been very impressed with:

really compact, well put together and comes with good waterproof cover

Kata Grip 10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camera Cases for Small SLR’ is closed to new replies.