Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • C456 built up (with pics)
  • forge197
    Free Member

Built up my C456 last night well into the early hours 🙂 ,not had chance to ride properly bar a quick test in the street to make sure the gears and brakes are all good. Built to a specific budget and just over in the end, so lots of used bits and bargain new bits, as well as a few bits from the shed really pleased with spec I managed to pull together. Look forward to a proper ride.

Weighs 27lbs 8oz but there is a heap of places to save weight build was price not weight focused 🙂

The frame protection tape I’ve used looks a bit strange I’ve decided!!

sambob
    Free Member

Love that, Best looking carbon 456 I’ve seen. Have you ridden it at all yet? if so what did you think of the brakes?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Really like that in the red, compliments the lines.

BTW, the slx brakes rock, I bedded mine in today and even with small rotors they are powerful, have the new XT too and no difference in performance.

forge197
    Free Member

Cheers Sambob, no planning to get out later this week, can report back on the brakes. I’ve tried them in the street and seem good, but will do an off road test and compare against my other brakes.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers Doug, could be my Christmas upgrade. Rosebikes cheapest still?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I bought from Merlin and with various discounts/Quidco cashback it was close.

mandog

sweet

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Really nice, well done fella!

argoose
    Free Member

Awesome bike mate, love mine seems to be the one I pull out of shed most times now

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like it. Looks good in red. Tempting!

avdave2

Half a pound of that must be pvc tape. 🙂
    Maybe a bit of helitape instead may look better and save some weight!

Looks nice in red, if we hadn’t been spending a small fortune on building work I’d be really tempted by one. I’m hoping by the time I can afford it they’ll be doing a white one again.

forge197
    Free Member

Just find self amalgamating tape so much easier to use than helitape, would look better mind 🙂 my patience is tried when I apply helitape ! Would be lighter though 🙂

Thanks for comments can’t wait to ride it

matt303uk

Nice build, red and black looks very tidy.

Been putting mine together today.I’ve noticed that most people have the disc brake between the seat and chain stays but mine came with conventional dropouts with the disc mount above the seat stay.

Just gear cables and chain to go before I can get out on mine.

skywalker
    Free Member

The electrical tape spoils it I think

showerman
    Free Member

do your gutters leak lots of damp on your wall. was thinking of a 456 i like the matt black look, keep meaning to go to their shop and have a look

forge197
    Free Member

Not convinced myself on the tape retrospectively looking at it, but I hate applying helitape, will see how it looks when it’s covered in mud 🙂 may do a plan b

forge197
    Free Member

Showerman yep gutters leak all round told letting agent nothing done abiut it, will tell them again as same down otherside too.

Would probably have gone black had it been in stock or pre order but liking my red and black theme,

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice, but needs a bit of tinsel and some fairy lights.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘C456 built up (with pics)’ is closed to new replies.