• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • c and b seen lights?
  • donkeydave

Hi long time lurker, first time poster!!
    Been looking at these lights namely the commuter light set, has anyone got them or any views on them?.

jeffl

Yeah got a set. Standard XML style lights that were doing the rounds a year or so back. You can get similar on eBay for cheaper but you don’t get the following from eBay (necessarily).
    – Good battery mine lasts a good long time
    – UK charger that won’t kill you
    – customer service. They sent out a replacement charger to replace a faulty unit with no problems.

welshfarmer

As above. They are imported chinese units with a better quality control, great customer care and repackaged to UK spec with 3 pin plugs and instructions that make sense. Buy the same direct from china of ebay and save 50%, but Caveat Emptor…..

elliott-20
    Free Member

No major problems with mine nearly 3 years later.

welshfarmer

Me and a mate have both had them for a couple of years and both suffered cable issues where it enters the headlamp. I also had a the plastic bracket disintegrate. C&B seen sent me 2 new brackets and sent my mate a new head unit (mine is out of warranty and still works most of the time). Mates has now broke again in same place but he has a new £10 headset from Ebay and still uses the C&B seen battery.

nbt

Again, great service and unexpectedly good customer care when I had an issue, they sent out a replacement and a bad to send back the possibly faulty unit i’d been asking about. It’s that extra step that means they’ll be my first port of call when I need any more lights. I was looking at their commuter light myself, that looks like a really nice piece

aracer
    Free Member

I also have a set. Not that impressed with the design of the cable entry, but it’s not caused any issues, and as mentioned, you pay a bit (not that much) more for the customer service, which I also have good experience of.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They’ve been solid for me – no issues to speak of.

tenfoot

Good for me also. Recommended.

vorlich
    Free Member

No problems here. I siliconed the cable entry when I got it and mounted onto an old Shimano mount.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Just got one of the new rear lights from that set on Friday. Seems really well made and its extremely bright.

donkeydave

evillittlegoat

My worry is it will be too bright?

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

When its mounted on the seatpost its pointing down slightly so hopefully shouldnt dazzle. Its overkill but gives a nice illuminated patch behind the bike. I wanted something super bright for the twisty, unlit backroads.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

very good lights at a very good price, I don’t feel I need any more light than http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead-lights/cabs-02-series—cree-xml.html on the bars and http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/flashlightheadlamp/ultrafire-wf-501b-cree-xm-l.html on my helmet, very bright and I can Easily see all I need to see 8)
    And still working well after a year.

robware
    Free Member

One thing people are failing to mention is their diffuser lens. I got one and it does wonders for that concentrated spot you usually get from CREE lights. Really widens out the beam.

welshfarmer

First time on their website for a while and it looks like they have addressed all the earlier issues so that is excellent news 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

bought the 1200 lumen version 2 years ago. its been a superb performer since then. i stopped using it for about a year and didnt store the battery properly…but when it came to using it again everything still worked and i was still getting near 3 hours runtime on full power.
    my friends have bought the cheap chinese version with 5 LEDs and claimed 5000 lumens and are shocked to see that mine is brighter…

donkeydave

Well had a little change of heart in the end i have gone for two of there 1200 lights and the city slicker rear light.
    Plan is to just run one light and for mtb riding run two with a splitter cable :D, battery may run down quick but will have two and i have two all ready.
    Would be happy days if my helmet light hadnt packed up 👿

scotroutes

I’ve just ordered a 1200 as the cost was little more than what it would be to replace my existing (but faulty) battery and charger.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have them and had issues with the cables pulling out from the battery they replaced first time round which was great, second time I left too long really. But still an awesome light for the money. Might get a diffuser lense though!

scotroutes

There’s something on their web page about having changed the routing to prevent this

gonzy
    Free Member

Might get a diffuser lense though!

thats next on my shopping list too…along with a 6 cell battery, helmet mount and one of the 1000 lumen units

kwack
    Free Member

I ordered a set on Monday received next day. looks well made. will try em on Sunday morning

All looks good so far –

hora
    Free Member

Right. Getting this ordered.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘c and b seen lights?’ is closed to new replies.