Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Buying brakes direct from Formula Q's
  • Burchy1
    Free Member

Did they come set up as RH – Front, LH – Rear or are the levers a ‘flipflop’ stylee (they look to be)?

Also did you get the relevant extra’s to shorten the hoses with the kit or do you have to get them as spares?

Cheers for your help.

psychle
    Free Member

are the levers a ‘flipflop’ stylee

Yep, ‘moto’ style setup, so RH/LH interchangeable

did you get the relevant extra’s to shorten the hoses with the kit

I did on ‘The Ones’ I ordered, though the hoses were quite short anyhow, so ended up having to order new hoses entirely… no biggie given the seriously cheapness of the deal they’re offering though!

Northwind

Yup, likewise on the Oros the levers are flippable and come with hose shortening kits (which are usually £15 each!)

a11y

My RX’s are flippable levers so no LH/RH issues.

I bought mine via ebay (seller is “tonglolo” based in Singapore) and didn’t come with the shortening kits – as others say the bits are £15 which is bloody expensive compared to Shimano olive/inserts costing a couple of quid. Were cheaper than Formula directly at the time I bought.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Psychle – few extra questions if you dont mind.

What are your ‘The Ones’ like performance wise compared to other brakes you’ve had? I’m looking at the ‘Mega’s’ which are supposed to be the same but minus the toolfree adjustment, and also how long did they take to arrive?

backhander
    Free Member

I got the same deal as psychle.
    Liking my the ones. Came off tech M4s.
    I think that I prefered the feel of the M4s but the ones are undoubtably more powerful. With the current deals on formulas; it’s a no-brainer. I’ve also had Avids before but didn’t get on with them.
    Definately go out and but some suitable pads though. I killed the stock ones in a (wet welsh) morning!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Buying brakes direct from Formula Q's’ is closed to new replies.