Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Building Work – Advance Payments
  • poly
    Free Member

I’ve always felt it was “fair” to make the initial payment the same as the final completion payment. So 20k upfront would be OK, so long as he is happy to wait until all the snagging is done for the final 20k…

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Tell your mate that if they give me the money I’ll give it to the builder…

As they say “milky bars are on me “

wrightyson
    Free Member

You should be wronging the rights in the the thread then.

Oh I do try but it seems other more informed people come along 😕

Here we go

If you need to get a crane in to install, on a contract lift you could pretty much say bye bye to your £2k in a day !

I shall be paying 400 whole pounds for a 40 tonner on Wednesday, it was previously quoted on a bocker lift but it struggled a bit on the first roof so I upped it and as the rep had surveyed the job he agreed to do it at the same price.
    However a bocker woukd piss most lifts for some house extension steel, capable of lifting a tonne ar 26m.

mattbee

That’s cheap!
    We only tend to lift relatively light or low, our ‘go to’ 29.5m reach HiAb & driver is £700 a day. He could put an egg back in the chicken with it though, he’s that good an operator.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is the lift code variations due to location? Imagine up t’north, where I think Wrightyson is from, would be cheaper than say dahn sarf.

revs1972
    Free Member

I shall be paying 400 whole pounds for a 40 tonner on Wednesday

Can I have their number ? Id love to get a 40 tonner for that rate. I pay more than that per day, and that’s with my own AP and slinger signallers ( the £2k I mentioned is what it could cost if you if the crane company supply the above )

lowey

Not a chance would I part with that amount of money. I’d go so far as to say that if he is asking for that much up front I would seriously be considering not using him. It just screams risk.

I shall be paying 400 whole pounds for a 40 tonner on Wednesday

If you have your own AP and slinger / signaller who completes a full berthing plan and your insurance covers you… then go for your life.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The Bocker was quoted at 400 for the day originally, I appreciate I wouldn’t get a 40 tonner normally for that rate.
    The Bocker is a great bit of kit though. I’ve booked three consecutive lifts in and the company wanted to get on board with us hence the price. They are providing the lifting plan and ap for all 3 and I’m slinging. I hope it warms the **** up before Wednesday though as I’m gonna be standing round all day basically watching my labourer put chains on roof trusses. Also use a local guy too with a lorry mounted hiab, ex army thing. It is a **** beast of a truck, he does loads of work for western power as I think it will get pretty much anywhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Building Work – Advance Payments’ is closed to new replies.