Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bugs
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Does anyone know what this is? There are loads of them attached to the leaves on my cherry tree (but not the fruit). They seem to have clamped themselves on (almost like a tick) so you can’t just shake them off.

They’re about 4-5mm long.

How do I get rid of them?

bloodynora
    Free Member

Why do you want to get rid of them, are they damaging the leaves or tree in any way? Looks like a larvae of some sort, assuming you mean the orange/black thing on the middle of the leaf?
    Sorry I can’t be more helpful, hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along shortly.

jon1973
    Free Member

What ever they are, I don’t really have a problem if they leave the fruit alone (because we harvest and eat the cherries). But these bugs tend to be attracted to fruit trees for a reason. Some of the leaves are damaged, but I’m not sure if it’s there fellas.

If they’re ticks, I want rid of them.

chewkw
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

If they’re ticks, I want rid of them.

Vegan ticks perhaps? 😆

Not in my life have I seen ticks so fond of fruit trees … 😆

This might help explain what they are … scroll down to the last pic.

jon1973
    Free Member

OK, LOL. Not a tick then. I have no idea about these things. They do look like Ladybird larvae though, so I’ll leave them be. Thanks for the link.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Ladybird larvae then? Which would explain the colour. Definitely beneficial to your cherry tree then if thats the case!

chewkw
    Free Member

They are ladybirds … more details here.

jon1973
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Definitely ladybirds then.

schrickvr6
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

Could be Harlequin ladybird …

maxtorque

I think i swallowed about 100 of his mates yesterday as i flew down a nice bit of singletrack into a massive swarm of bugs and forgot to shut my mouth…..Eurgh!

RustySpanner

AAAAARRRRrrrrrrrrggHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It’s not bugs, the word you’re looking for is INSECTS!
    It’s a perfectly bloody good word that’s been around years – you must have heard of it.

‘Bug’ is a word used by Americans and fools.
    If you do hail from Power Cable, Idaho I’m very sorry for you and I apologise.
    If not, write out ‘I am not an American’ 5000 times and go and stand in the corner.

I feel better now. 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

I think i swallowed about 100 of his mates yesterday

You should have swallowed a spider to eat them.

maxtorque

Luckily i wasn’t riding with my GF, otherwise she probably would have had to account for the extra calories in her new improved, incredibly accurate and absolutely necessary current dieting scheme by missing out on pudding in the evening…………….

jon1973
    Free Member

AAAAARRRRrrrrrrrrggHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It’s not bugs, the word you’re looking for is INSECTS!
    It’s a perfectly bloody good word that’s been around years – you must have heard of it.

‘Bug’ is a word used by Americans and fools.
    If you do hail from Power Cable, Idaho I’m very sorry for you and I apologise.
    If not, write out ‘I am not an American’ 5000 times and go and stand in the corner.

I feel better now.

You shouldn’t let these things bug you so much.

(Plus, I wasn’t sure it was an insect at the time – bug is a bit more of a general term)

To be honest, there are a few too many Americanisms creeping in to the English language, so if I do inadvertently use any, I apologise to you’ll.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You shouldn’t let these things bug you so much.

Yeah, like chillax, duder.

RustySpanner

Writes down Flashy’s name for future ‘Reducation’ purposes.

jon1973
    Free Member

Reducation

That sounds like an Americanism to me.

RustySpanner

See, look what you’ve done! 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bugs’ is closed to new replies.