Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Brunch in south kensington
  • fadda

I’m appealing to the STW masiiiive, for suggestions as to the finest brunch in the South Kensington area of London village, please…

cynic-al
    Free Member

This thread is a CFH seeking missile and I claim my £5.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Firstly, men (Assuming you are such) do not have “brunch”. They have a late breakfast, or an early lunch.

Now that we’ve dealt with that, a few pointers from me;

Cafe Deco, Gloucester Road. Simply the finest espresso in that part of town, IMO. Not totally in the South Ken area, but very good place.

The big Corner Shop on Knightsbridge, especially the Georgian Terrace on the fourth floor, does a good spread. Even if you don’t see it on the menu, you can always order smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Very good it is too.

There’s the Admiral Cod, on Mossop St. Always a good meal to be had there.

Sadly, the immediate area around South Ken has become a little anodyne of late, much like many commercial areas. Otherwise, I’d have said go to the now sadly departed Dinos.

Edit – *Hands over crisp virtual-fiver to Al 😉 *

cynic-al
    Free Member

*winks, nods, touches nose, buys brunch*

hughjayteens
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A fiver won’t buy you a great deal of lunch in South Ken, Al! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t I know it!

Off the the V&A for an expresso.

skywalker
    Free Member

Brunch 😆

MrSmith
    Free Member

Brunch

expresso

cretins.

skywalker
    Free Member

Cretins 😆

pinches
    Free Member

they’ve just finished revamping the bottom of exhibition road where it’s now pedestrianised and no longer a “road” as per google maps.

there’s a few places now around the corner from the tube – paper tiger being one of them, a fancy cafe where you can now sit outside, greenfields the sandwich shop next door and then theres now a new place in what was the florists which looks really nice, the name escapes me unfortunately.

There’s also a rather nice branch of Pauls next to Boujis too, for your artisan sandwiches, posh coffee/pastry/cake requirements

hughjayteens
    Free Member

The Hummingbird Bakery also does a mean cinnamon square.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s also a rather nice branch of Pauls next to Boujis too, for your pseudo artisan sandwiches, posh coffee/pastry/cake requirements

FTFY, Pinches! 😉

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

You mean dinner surely.

theflatboy
    Free Member

are you talking about brunch in the classic sense or the “all you can eat and drink in the afternoon, get obliterated” sense?

ask1974
    Free Member

If I’m hungary and it’s not yet lunch then I go here for a treat. Always dished up lovely food but not the cheapest around.

Vingt Quatre

Open 24h and Chelsea not South Ken, but worth the trip.

MrSmith
    Free Member

just get a cab to the Wolsely.

fadda

Sirs, you do me proud.

Just got to pick one, now…

My hearty thanks, gentlemen.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Brunch in south kensington’ is closed to new replies.