Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Brucie. Gone.
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Gone.

Not that far though.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

This is not news, he was out of it a long time ago!

Android
    Free Member

Blimey, I thought you meant he’d slipped of the dish….

wwaswas

Nice not to see you, Not to see you, nice.

bruneep

Nah I’m still here

bikebouy
    Free Member

“you’re my favorite”

/Shudders

chewkw
    Free Member

The title of the thread is very misleading as I thought he was dead. Oh well all the best to him in his retirement.

njee20
    Free Member

About bloody time. He’s not funny, don’t care if he’s a “national treasure”, he’s a bumbling oaf.

tops5
    Free Member

About bloody time. He’s not funny, don’t care if he’s a “national treasure”, he’s a bumbling oaf.

Amen! Glad he’s not dead though!

MoreCashThanDash

One of the greats of light entertainment, and a very talented guy who deserves respect for what he has done.

Shame he overstayed with strictly, but doesn’t deserve abuse from internet hardmen. Not nice to pick on pensioners for trying to do something they love.

chewkw
    Free Member

Why do they (TV) keep describing some people as “national treasure”? He is not made of precious metal is he? 🙄

allthepies
    Free Member

“Didn’t he do well”

gobuchul
    Free Member

One of the greats of light entertainment, and a very talented guy who deserves respect for what he has done.

FFS! Greats of light entertainment! An oxymoron if I ever heard one!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Shame he overstayed with strictly, but doesn’t deserve abuse from internet hardmen.

well said.

Let’s see who takes over and whether they can actually do a better job.

There are countless presenters around that are worse than he is, and he is 86.

For example they could get Tess’s husband, Vernon Kay…

gobuchul
    Free Member

There are countless presenters around that are worse than he is

Damned with faint praise.

People complain about footballers wages but the money that those dozens of second rate TV presenters and “celebrities” earn is disgusting.

MoreCashThanDash

He was one of the greats of light entertainment, I’ll stand by that. Stage, TV, for half a century. When we didn’t have hundreds of channels to entertain our increasingly short attention spans and fuelling our first world isolation and angst.

You might not like what he was doing, but he was good at it. But being nasty about an old man because people don’t think he is “cool” any more says more about the writer than Bruce Forsyth

gobuchul
    Free Member

But being nasty about an old man because people don’t think he is “cool” any more says more about the writer than Bruce Forsyth

I don’t think anyone has been nasty about him on this post?

As he is/was a TV “entertainer” then I think people are quite entitled to pass comment on his skills and style.

He’s hardly some poor old pensioner either Net Worth $25 million according to this.

A lot of that wealth came from the licence fee payers.

Personally the quicker we get him off the pay roll the better.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone has been nasty about him on this post?

he’s a bumbling oaf.

gobuchul
    Free Member

he’s a bumbling oaf.

Well he is. However he is a very rich and successful bumbling oaf.

Bumbling oaf is not really very nasty is it?

aracer
    Free Member

To determine that, you’d have to think about who else gets described as a bumbling oaf…

Harry_the_Spider

I wonder who will get the gig?

Du Beke

or Winkleman?

MoreCashThanDash

Can Jamie merge those two photos to get the “ideal” presenter?

drlex
    Free Member

Can Jamie merge those two photos to get the “ideal” presenter give me nightmares?

FTFMe

fingerbike
    Free Member

Not the next Yewtree?! 😕

Nice to see you, to see you….

nicko74

eh th th th th didn’t he do well?

Cougar

Does no-one else think it’s all been dealt with a little bit… oddly?

He’s had mysterious no-shows that no-one’s really spoken about, now he’s quietly stepped down. He’s clearly been past his prime for a little while but, failing health I wonder?

Bit of a shame really, fair play to him for carrying on working as long as he has. He’s ten years older than my dad, and he’s in a care home talking shit to anyone who will listen to him.

Cougar

Ah.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26889405

“I’ve always said that at the end of last series I was getting that feeling, ‘Is this the time?’,” Sir Bruce revealed.

“I’ve just been on my three month break in the Caribbean, I’ve been thinking about it all the time.”

He continued: “[Live television] takes its toll when you’ve been doing it for many years, it’s a pressure thing.

“But I’m not retiring, that’s the last thing in the world I want to do. This isn’t Brucie walking into the sunset.”

The presenter, who was knighted in 2011, missed a number of shows last series due to illness.

Cougar

And seemingly, favourites to replace him are Claudia and Graham Norton.

Northwind

I wonder if he’ll even notice, he seems like Ozzy these days, a couple of care assistants push him on stage and whatever he does, people applaud.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m thinking failing health. Or failing workaholic ethic.

nick1962
    Free Member

Bruce is as good at 86 as he was sixty years ago, i.e. not very.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Bruce is as good at 86 as he was sixty years ago, i.e. not very.

good enough to be worth £25m now – you can’t bluff a career for that long and gain that much money of you don’t have much substance – or at least until recently that was the case…

Graham Norton

and you people complain about Bruce.

Let’s just hope they get rid of Tess Daly.

martinhutch

Bring back Hole in the Wall! The perfect Tony Beak vehicle.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Brucie. Gone.’ is closed to new replies.