Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Broken Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. What to replace it with?
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Grrrrr. Long story short…. lifting a log onto my leg, phone in pocket, cracked screen.

I quite like the Z1 compact. Android is good, it’s got a great camera and nice display. A quick google suggests it’ll cost me around £100 to get it repaired (loud speaker was on the fritz too so that needs replaced also). Second hand they seem to go for £100-£150ish on ebay.

Before I do either of those is there anything else worth considering? I don’t really want to spend any more than £150 (not totally opposed to buying second hand) but seeing as the Z1 compact has been around for a few years is there anything else out there that compares favorably to it?

tia.

jimjam
    Free Member

Bump up for the workers.

tomnavman
    Free Member

z3 compact if you can get it within budget?

jimjam
    Free Member

Yes, noticed these on ebay. Might be able to snipe one. There also seems to be a glut of iphone 5’s and 5s(‘s). I can’t tell whether this would be a downgrade or not.

theotherjonv

Love my Z3C

RustyMac

Sony have had issues with screens randomly cracking on a few models. My z1 (not compact) screen cracked right down the center so i returned it to Sony and it was repaid under warranty. Sent back with the description of screen cracked when phone was in my pocket.

It could be worth sending it back to Sony if it is in it’s 2 year warranty and hasn’t smashed into a million bits. They may repair it FOC. If it is deemed non warranty i think it could cost you £30 for the assessment, only you will know if it is worth a shot.

wombat

There also seems to be a glut of iphone 5’s and 5s(‘s). I can’t tell whether this would be a downgrade or not.

I have a personal Z1 compact and (provided by the company) a work iPhone 5s.

Not getting into an iOs vs Android debate but purely in relation to the hardware IMO the Z1 is far superior, better build quality, more robust, waterproof and a beter shape for my hand. Also I find the call quality clearer and battery life far better.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve just got an M4. Issue on the 8gb version that Android takes up half the internal memory. I found a 16gb version but it was £200.

Probably as good as the Z1?

Plenty of older generation Samsung’s going cheap as well S4 and S5. I liked the external memory card slot as I use my phone to upload strava when travelling.

Pixmania had some cheap phones when I looked but you’d need to be patient.

jimjam
    Free Member

wombat

I have a personal Z1 compact and (provided by the company) a work iPhone 5s.

Not getting into an iOs vs Android debate but purely in relation to the hardware IMO the Z1 is far superior, better build quality, more robust, waterproof and a beter shape for my hand. Also I find the call quality clearer and battery life far better.

Thanks for that, very useful.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I can do a screen for £45 plus pnp and I cant imagine a speaker will be more than a fiver

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Broken Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. What to replace it with?’ is closed to new replies.