Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Broadband recommendations
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Not really bothered about TV bundles, landline or top “speeds”, do appreciate good customer service and reliable connection.

Anything spring to mind?

Cougar

Zen?

TBH, “reliable connection” will be the same connection in most cases, BT Wholesale resold. If you go to samknows.com you can give it your details and it’ll give you a list of LLU (non-BT) providers available to you.

Alex

FAST were great with us when we needed lots of customer support after (the now happily defunct) Tiscali made a massive cock up of us moving house. Heard good things about Zen as well..

themilo
    Free Member

I’d be on Virgin in a heart beat if they fed my area. £25 including home phone via uswitch ATM.

ampthill

I’m seeing £29 for Virgin. I am covered. But that’s for 12 months then its full wack…

wrecker
    Free Member

But that’s for 12 months then its full wack…

That’s when you phone up and threaten to leave.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT go with BT.

timber

Just moved to Origin as they didn’t seem to be a bunch of ball bags, with a simple pricing system not skewed by introductory offers.
    Only 2 days in though, so hardly enough time for a thorough review.

bruneep

Zen here.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’ve been with Plusnet for a while now and no complaints from me regarding connections issues or customer service.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Oooo maybe Zen. They seemed like what I needed a few years ago, but didn’t serve where I lived.

Cheers for the input, but investigate all suggestions. Except Virgin 😀

jimw
    Free Member

Not Vodafone. Their servers have failed twice in the past three weeks. Actively looking for alternatives and customer service is….well, shall we settle for indiferent?. No fibre here though which limits options for faster speeds

matt_outandabout

Not Sky. Despite thier pleas of ‘not us, guv’, the reliability and speed of connection dropped after leaving Plusnet.
    They also tie you to thier router, so not allowing me to control kids internet access as well….
    Tbh, with Plusnet now BT, I’m not sure who I will use in March…

wrecker
    Free Member

I went from getting 70mbs(?) with virgin to 12 with BT. Not only is it painfully slow, the router resets itself 4-5 times a day. I have given them notice, they really are the pits.

unovolo
    Free Member

Uno broadband, small outfit based in Sheffield.

Only had 2 outages in 3yrs with them ,and got refunded on one occasion without even asking or expecting it either.

Uses BT and Talktalk business/wholesale bear in mind these seem to be a whole lot more reliable for whatever reason.

Not the cheapest but reliable and good customer service when needed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Broadband recommendations’ is closed to new replies.