Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • british gas and final bill problems.
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi there.
    I swapped supplier of my gas and electric from BG to e-on in march with a switch over date of 7th april.

I was told by E-on they would contact BG to give them meter reading and then BG can send me my final bills.

I spoke to someone last week at BG and asked about my final bills.
    He said i owe £7 odd on the electric and not to worry about the gas as it was fine???

I then queried what he meant by fine and he said “oh well we owe you 57pound”!!!

So i asked how i go about getting my money back and the chap said they would send final bills out (ive been waiting 4 weeks already) and when these are paid BG will send me the money im owed??

Today i get a bill arrive which is the last quarterly statement i had and not a final bill

Anyway back on the phone to BG and they say sorry no final bills have been raised and it will take about 2-4 weeks to sort!!!!

I just want my money back as they are quick enough to take it when you owe them.

Is there anything i can do??

thanks

steve

doug_basqueMTB.com

They are evil. Count yourself lucky. You’ll have to keep phoning every day because in my experience there and 99 muppets working there for every person who actually knows what they are doing so statistically speaking you’ll have to phone 100 times before anyone tells you anything close to the truth.

I have an absolute nightmare with them which almost ended up in court. Even when I had lawyers letters comming I was phoning up and the ‘person’ on the phone was telling me it was all a mistake and to ignore them. Eventually after writing a very strong letter of complaint copied to the watchdog people someone who knew left from right called me and we got it sorted. Total stress. I hold a special place of hatred for them elevated above all other lifeforms.

dr_adams
    Free Member

The best people to speak to are OFGEM (http://www.ofgem.gov.ukd) but they are the regulators. Used to work for Eon, and altho not saints were much better than BG, if you get OFGEM involved BG will sort it out quicker as OFGEM can punish them and i know from experience when OFGEM were mentioned in the office then people used to act a lot faster!

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

I once done that with BG and the muppet on the phone told us we would get our cash “when we get round to it”. Got off the phone and thought about it then phoned back and spoke to his manager and asked if was alright for the customers to pay their bills “when they got round to it” got our cash within the week.
    Remember to get the name of the person who is helping you (and write it down) they tend to deal with things instead of going back to surfing the internet. (like I am doing at my work now)

Peregrine
    Free Member

BG = Hopless bunch of lieing gits, you will never see the money no matter what they tell you. Let it go and put it down to experience. IME

markd
    Free Member

Total nightmare with me.

They had my name on a flat i never lived in and were demanding 1.5k in unpaid bills. It got really messy and we were one letter away from court andi managed to find my old landlady and a reprinted tenancy agreement for the correct flat. After hounding me daily (literally twice a day) they suddenly stopped and destroyed all the case notes. It was very bizarre, they are the singularly most ruthless and disorganised company i have come across.

You should read the email chain, genuine lols ensue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘british gas and final bill problems.’ is closed to new replies.