Home Forums Bike Forum brink . UK legit ?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • brink . UK legit ?
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

see this shop keep popping up on socials..

seems to be good to be true £1k for    Reserve 30 SL / DT 350 Carbon Wheelset – BRINK

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

had a look on companies house, may be over for a credit card purchase, those carbon wheels just seem really low priced (compared to rivals)

ogden
    Free Member

Same link on their Instagram with 29.4k followers so I’d assume it is all well and correct…

Could always ring them?

Get in touch

BRINK HQ (Bedford)

+44 1462 600111

BRINK @ Phoenix Bike Park

+44 1638 552517

team@brink.uk

sharkattack

Yes they’re legit I’ve used them before.

This could be an expensive PSA though. Do I need these wheels? Someone quickly list all the reasons that I shouldn’t buy them.

bigginge

They are a proper company with at least a couple of stores. They run the bike shop/workshop at Phoenix bike park not too far from me.

ogden
    Free Member

Also get them down to £949.05 if you sign up to their mailing list.

desperatebicycle

sharkattack
    Yes they’re legit I’ve used them before.

Same here. Just got a shock back from their service wing, Plush. (That’s the name of it, not a description of the shock :) )

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks all, they certainly look legit, just those wheels  are back order on stif for £1280

@sharkattack
    only 5 pairs left in a 29 XD   :0)

not sure i have the money, my next post was going to be about tumble dryers heat pump or condenser, tumbledryers seem to have changed alot since my last one which i paid £120 for back in early 2000s

captaintomo
    Free Member

They actually bought a spare frame linkage from me via eBay recently so yeah they are legit. Looks a nice shop they have.

grahamt1980

Absolutely legit, they are based just down the road from chicksands bike park should you want to pop in

davros
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks @davros i could have sworn the DT swiss on merlin were 25mm internals last time i looked, these are 30mm’s Ideal

makkag
    Free Member

Yep My Local shop – buy with confidence

stanley

Yep, I bought a set of those 30Sl Reserves from them a few week’s ago. All good.

And ordered some of those XRC 1501s for the wife :-)

sharkattack

Oh well, YOLO.

Anyone want to buy some perfectly good alloy wheels?

Keando

I’ve used Brink (nr Rowney Warren woods/ Chicksands) on a couple of occasions. Very helpful people.

ampthill

They are my LBS, great place

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Yep legit,

They tend to focus on the high end of the market. They are rarely cheap, but often have stuff other shops don’t.

submarined
    Free Member

Goddamn those 1501s are tempting.

davros

Yep, keep reminding myself I don’t need them. Got some roval control which are brilliant and these would go nicely on another bike…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Brink are great. Bought my lads bike from there a few years ago. Bought some forks of them more recently and when they arrived, I decided they weren’t for me and they managed to source what I wanted and swapped them out with no problems.

sharkattack

The delivery date on the Reserve wheels is the 27th of August.

Who knew FedEx even offered such a slow service?

The anticipation will drive me mad.

oceanskipper

I was expecting DT Swiss 350 hubs on them but those pics have Industry9 by the looks of them.

ogden
    Free Member

Alloy MX wheels are on offer as well…

Reserve 30 SL AL / DT 350 Aluminium Wheelset MX / Mullet / SRAM XD & MICROSPLINE / 6 Bolt – £426.55 with the 5% discount code. Not bad given the warranty you get with them.

Reserve 30 SL AL / DT 350 Aluminium Wheelset

sharkattack

Yes, I would have 100% bought those if they were available last month. I just built my first mullet and the wheels came in a fair bit more expensive than those and I have zero warranty on the rims.

j.bro
    Free Member

The Reserves are on sale because all the new ones are coming with a new DT 350 DEG hub. If you’re happy with the standard DT 350 with 36T or 54T then it’s a non issue.

But they aren’t going to be able to sell these at retail now.

Tracey

Any one know the spoke count. 28 spoke wouldnt put me off if I needed any more wheels but I know quite a few that wouldn’t want to take the risk

j.bro
    Free Member

All Reserves (Carbon) are 28H, well I say all… the HD and SL. Maybe not the DH.

SL AL are 28

HD AL 32

sharkattack

Looks like FedEx were messing with me. That was fast…

PXL_20240822_162642098

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.