Viewing 40 posts - 6,481 through 6,520 (of 13,637 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • p7eaven
    Free Member

lost for words, the idea of delaying drivers then charging them

What remainers like you don’t see pretend not to see are the potential massive benefits of delay. A bright Brit would by tomorrow have a caravan or three on site, selling warm greasy animals parts along with bread and a side order of freshly opened baked beans. Polystyrene is another potential benefit* of being OUT

Any hungry irate driver finding himself with nowhere else to be for a few hours would of course pay any number of your British sovereigns in return for a hearty box of warm, beige, Best Of British hospitality. A time-tested ‘goer’, and one of the things that makes Britain Best Again. I sometimes think remainers just cook up ‘downsides’ to make themselves feel superior, when in fact they’re just welly jelly at us winning.

The market for polystyrene is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period (2020-2025). Major factors driving the market studied are recycling in the polystyrene industry, and growing consumer electronics market

On the flip side, increasing the ban on Polystyrene across North America and Europe and the availability of high-performance substitutes is likely to hinder the market.

https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/polystyrene-market

(my bold)

Shackleton

No brexit breakfast would have half a baguette on it……

theotherjonv

that’s there to prove we aren’t xenophobic.

See also, ‘brown’ sauce which proves we don’t hate brown people, erm, things.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I don’t doubt it’ll be 10 years until benefits settle in and 20 years until we’ll know if brexit was a good idea. Maybe 40 years to be sure.

So it’s going to be my daughter and a whole generation that haven’t even necessarily been born yet that get to find out IF this was a good idea? Then another “just to be sure”.

**** you!

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

I’ll give as much credence to your brexit guff as I did to your trump election fraud conspiracy nonsense

Wasn’t it 5thElefeant who was saying that it’s always the left that is violent and that he doubted the American right would display anything remotely like the BLM protests?

Harhahahaahaha

What a tool.

mrmo
    Free Member

Ok, so increased opportunities for woman who charge men for companionship

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

A wee opportunity for CMOT Dibbler there! Sossageinabun

intheborders
    Free Member

What a tool.

+1 and not just for that, for the other rubbish he spouts and then never comes back.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Wasn’t it 5thElefeant who was saying that it’s always the left that is violent and that he doubted the American right would display anything remotely like the BLM protests?

They haven’t. 200+ days of rioting in Portland alone. Billions of dollars of property burned to the ground across the US. But that was fine…

What happened in Washington? Two windows broken and a rubbish bin tipped over (other protestors tidied that up). So they put 30,000 troops on the street!

The myth of the second amendment and right wing militias is well and truly bust.

+1 and not just for that, for the other rubbish he spouts and then never comes back.

I had no idea my insightful insights were so welcome.

I’m sorry to say I only skim political threads on occasion. They’re invariably just an echo chamber of the permanently terrified and offended.

tjagain

that is utter bollox and you must know it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

that is utter bollox and you must know it.

Have a look at the Portland riots (I lost count after 200 days) then tell me that again.

tjagain

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/13/us-police-use-of-force-protests-black-lives-matter-far-right

Yup – total nonsense from someone so blinded by ideology that he cannot see what staring him in the face

Lets see you data for 200 days of riots in portland.

5 people including two cops killed at the capitol riot.

kelvin

As UK businesses spend the rest of the year adapting to extra paperwork, tariffs, IT system changes… while struggling to get the information and support they need from government agencies lost at see… and the public prepares for the higher prices and taxes heading their way… let’s remember one of the many occasions where a Vote Leave minister had to learn on the job what the likely effects of their policy choices would be…

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m sorry to say I only skim political threads on occasion. They’re invariably just an echo chamber of the permanently terrified and offended.

So you just come in to troll basically. How much of what you write do you actually believe or is it all just to get a rise?

kelvin

Farewell and thanks for all the (unsellable) fish.

cheese@4p

Good riddance Carswell. Never come back.

eskay

Protest in the London from fisherman:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55706114

Shackleton

disapointed by lack of “Boris is a shellfish c***” or similar slogans.

igm

Cod diplomacy?

akira

Writing it on the side of a truck was a mistake, government have previous on ignoring such things.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Shame they’ve not taken a lesson off the French and dumped a truck worth of a rotting, 3 day old catch on the steps of Westminster

matt_outandabout

+1 on bags rotting shellfish thrown over into No10 garden for the next month or so…

frankconway

Totally predictably, brexit is proving to be the shit sandwich it was widely predicted to be; pure, unadulterated UK shit.
    johnson’s polyps continue to regurgitate the ‘…teething troubles’ line’; teething troubles, my arse.
    They are presiding over the wilful destruction of UK goods trade with the EU; as for services, they have ceded control to the EU through ignorance, arrogance and their disinterest in doing a deal.
    Welcome to 1945.
    Rickets, anyone?
    My money is on Biden opening negotiations with the EU over a tariff free trade agreement before bothering with the UK – if he even bothers with the UK; why would he?
    We had 4 years of talk about a great trade deal with the US; result – nothing; a big fat zero.

intheborders
    Free Member

So you just come in to troll basically. How much of what you write do you actually believe or is it all just to get a rise?

Well he never comes back and responds when he’s caught out, or to answer a question – paid for troll I reckon

AKA Fifth Columnist

molgrips
    Free Member

Welcome to 1945

Welcome to.. when? Have we ever done anything like this before?

molgrips
    Free Member

But that was fine

No-one’s endorsing riots. Supporting BLM is not the same thing. BLM is not about rioting, but some people also riot.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Welcome to.. when? Have we ever done anything like this before?

Henry the 8th, couldn’t get a divorce, thats the last time I think.

mefty
    Free Member

Protest in the London from fisherman:

They have been fined for breaching the Covid rules.

frankconway

molgrips – post WW2 was a shit time; rebuilding an economy and society which had been shattered hence the 1945 reference.
    That is the comparison.
    Clearly, brexit is a self-imposed horror show without precedent.

mattyfez

+1 on bags rotting shellfish thrown over into No10 garden for the next month or so…

Timely:

Seafood protesters fined after descending on London

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/seafood-protesters-fined-after-descending-on-london/ar-BB1cRmbY?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

Another brexit oversight – they love shellfish on the continent, not so much in the UK and most of it is exported to Europe.

It’s almost as if no business anlaysis or economic impact studies have been done.
    I bet our indigenous frog face liar and self proclaimed ‘saviour of the UK fishing industry’ is nowhere to be seen.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

post WW2 was a shit time; rebuilding an economy and society which had been shattered hence the 1945 reference.
    That is the comparison.
    Clearly, brexit is a self-imposed horror show without precedent.

I don’t think Brexit is on the same scale as WW2

mattyfez

I don’t think Brexit is on the same scale as WW2, you are comparing 4-5% GDP lost to over 35% GDP

The key difference is a war on that scale is a short shock in economic terms. When it’s over, we can go back to BAU, reletivley speaking.

Brexit is more like in an RPG game when someone (in this case ourselves) inflicts ourselves with a long thermal burn with added electric damage that slowly drains our resilience over a long period of time, which is potentially far more debilitating.

And we are clearly not going to get our health buff to counter it (an extra 350million per week for the NHS).

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Edit

pondo

That’s a shame, it’s very relevant in 2021.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

It was in reply to Mattyfez’ comment about WW2

Don’t push the comparison to 1945 too far.

1945 saw the start of the establishment of the welfare state in the UK. A direct result of the shitshow that preceded it.

If the shitshow that is Brexit could produce something as beneficial, our descendants might think Brexit wasn’t all bad despite our economic suffering.

I doubt it will though.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Well the UC vote today is probably heading in the opposite direction

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I don’t think there are enough parallels with WW2 for that to be a useful comment. This was all self inflicted for no reason, for a start. WW2 also resulted in a huge shift to the left for nearly two generations which we aren’t seeing – yet. But I suppose it might happen.

mattyfez

Hey, WWII was NOT my simile for comparsion. I was merley responding to a rubbish simile. Just for the record.

As you were.

Northwind

molgrips

No-one’s endorsing riots.

I do.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,481 through 6,520 (of 13,637 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM