Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Brewdog Barnard Castle Eye Test
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

Just ordered mine, I don’t even drink.

hatter

Ditto, totally teetotal here but a mate’s getting me a can as a souvenir.

The genius of marketing.

cokie

This is a tough one.. I hate Brewdog (mainly just James Watt) but not as much as I hate Cummings.. but the branding is genius.

Esme
    Free Member

INGREDIENTS
    water, malted barley, torrefied wheat, malted oats, hops, yeast.

Is that a spelling mistake in there?

BillMC

Brewdog shouldn’t mock the afflicted. The scientific guidance is that anyone who suffers from terminal onanism should be encouraged to check their eyesight every now and then.

gobuchul
    Free Member

water, malted barley, torrefied wheat, malted oats, hops, yeast.

Is there a spelling mistake in there?

No.

https://www.brewersselect.co.uk/torrefied-wheat/

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

They missed bovine faeces off the ingredients list.

bob_summers

Barnard Castle Eye Test sounds more like a HMHB song title

Blackflag
    Free Member

Another brewdog hater here. The Draft Punk incident was the last straw. They make good bedfellows with Cummings.

pondo

Ordered.

zilog6128

Another brewdog hater here. The Draft Punk incident was the last straw.

Entirely reasonable explanation of said “incident” here. They don’t always get it right, IMO they’ve got more right than wrong tho.
    https://www.brewdog.com/blog/please-dont-steal-our-trademarks

big_scot_nanny

Ordered.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m in the brewdog are bastards camp, although it is a amusingly names beer I won’t be buying any.

CountZero

If it isn’t now, I’m sure it soon will be!

bear-uk
    Free Member

I’m glad my share contribution is being put to good use.

househusband

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test

Ordered.

(Pasted link so STW may get some revenue from it..?)

136stu
    Free Member

Ordered and paid but just been informed delivery cost will be added before dispatch.

russianbob
    Free Member

If you like that, you might like this….. Barnard Castle Tee

wheelsonfire1

Ordered, trademark malarkey appears quite reasonable – in a capitalist world!

frankconway

136stu, it’s clear on the website – before you get to the order page – that carriage is to be added.
    Based on other online booze orders I would assume £8-10 for my BrewDog order.

colournoise

Couldn’t resist. Ordered.

kelvin

Might have weakened and just ordered.

Harry_the_Spider

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be.

I’ll put my Brew Dog order in when they name one “Knitting by the Guillotine”.

ransos
    Free Member

I’m in the brewdog are bastards camp,

What did they do?

Blackflag
    Free Member

What did they do?

Theres quite a few things that a bit of a google will reveal and you can take your own view. My main bone of contention is that they have trademarked the term Punk with respect to brewing and have blocked others from using what is a highly universal word. Its the very antithesis of what punk means.

sparksmcguff

Brewdog are all fur coat. Self publicists with no substance. If they do make hand sanitizer hopefully they’ll get it right this time. Their last publicity stunt went a bit wrong. In a blaze of glory they announced “free hand sanitizer for the NHS” which couldn’t be used as not manufactured to standard 🤷‍♂️.

zilog6128

Their last publicity stunt went a bit wrong. In a blaze of glory they announced “free hand sanitizer for the NHS” which couldn’t be used as not manufactured to standard 🤷‍♂️.

this is the problem with believing everything you read without digging any further. None of what you’ve written is true. In fact they got an apology from the newspaper (Guardian?) who wrote that story originally.

People just like to jump on them, I think, because they’ve been “too successful”. They never were “punks”… it’s just marketing/capitalism… that’s just how it works (and they’ve done a REALLY good job of it). Funny with all the ageing punks crying about cultural appropriation online… is that a punk form of protest now? 😂

Vortexracing

PMSL at the last hashtag on those tee shirt descriptions 🙂

doris5000

yeah I think of Brewdog as all style over substance too – but this is pretty funny.

convert

Brewdog are all fur coat. Self publicists with no substance. If they do make hand sanitizer hopefully they’ll get it right this time. Their last publicity stunt went a bit wrong. In a blaze of glory they announced “free hand sanitizer for the NHS” which couldn’t be used as not manufactured to standard 🤷‍♂️.

I’d be a bit embarrassed if I’d posted that. They are ultimately a capitalist culture manufacturer, or rather a company surviving in a capitalist culture where boring things like trademarks matter.

But if you are going to criticise them for posting untruths it’s probably a good idea to be up to speed and not slip into the trap of doing precisely what you are accusing them of doing.

firestarter
    Free Member

Well I like the marketing and I like their beers and I like that they try to help out the nhs and healthcare workforce

ransos
    Free Member

Theres quite a few things that a bit of a google will reveal and you can take your own view.

A cursory google didn’t turn up anything of note, which is why I asked. They certainly come across as brash but I’m struggling to see how that makes them “bastards”.

plus-one

70% of brewdogs revenue is from pubs. Heard they are struggling to pay suppliers !

Told by someone working in the industry.

pondo

I bet that’s not unique to many companies in any industry.

cb200
    Free Member

IIRC someone called their bar ‘Draught Punk’ and got a cease and desist from Brewdog. There was a bit of an outcry so they withdrew, saying that their lawyers had been a bit trigger happy.

DrJ

IIRC someone called their bar ‘Draught Punk’ and got a cease and desist from Brewdog. There was a bit of an outcry so they withdrew, saying that their lawyers had been a bit trigger happy.

That’s 2 stories conflated 🙂

https://www.brewdog.com/blog/please-dont-steal-our-trademarks

I like their beer (so shoot me) except for the alcohol-free version, which is vile!

zilog6128

@cb200

IIRC

you don’t 😉

cb200
    Free Member

Thanks ☝️

That’s memory for you!

I’m a CAMRA heretic in that I’ve never enjoyed flat warm ale that much, yet find much lager bland. This craze of ‘overhopped’ fizzy ales is what I’ve been waiting for all my life. I like their ales and their marketing seems pretty progressive and original to me.

Just as a side note, I love the trend of 330ml cans too, as the beer doesn’t go flat and warm. Maybe I drink too slowly.

nealglover
    Free Member

IIRC someone called their bar ‘Draught Punk’ and got a cease and desist from Brewdog.

Someone tried to register “Draft Punk” as a trademark and were told they couldn’t.

Then they cried that “you can’t trademark punk, it’s against the ethos”

Even though that’s exactly what they were trying to before before BrewDog stopped them.

househusband

EDIT: Nevermind…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Brewdog Barnard Castle Eye Test’ is closed to new replies.