Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Brechfa Enduro Pics
  • madal
    Free Member

Loads 😯 😆

Surfr
    Free Member

What's up with the focus?

psychle
    Free Member

looks like fun… was up Brechfa way on Thursday, got lost on the Raven route (don't ask me how! 🙄 ) Those jumps and berms are silly fun aren't they?

Don't take this the wrong way, but with your pics… what camera were you using? Looks like you struggled with focus and/or shutter speed? Almost looks like the pics were taken with a mobile phone or somesuch?

madal
    Free Member

more then?

madal
    Free Member

focus problem is the lens, never to be used again 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

which lens (and what body)? just curious 🙂

Was it the autofocus speed of the lens that caused you issues? A good tip would be to try manual focus and pre-focus on a spot on the trail, as long as you're sitting in the same spot this'll work very well (especially if you combine it with a wide aperture, like F8 or thereabouts…)

madal
    Free Member

psychie it was a Sigma 28-70mm EX on a 30D :roll:, nuff said I guess 😉

will
    Free Member

Should have been able to get brilliant results with that set up! Lens faulty?

richpips
    Free Member

Were you using all points AF?

Better to use centre point focussing, and half press prefocus as mentioned above, then press the shutter the rest of the way down when the subject is where the focus point is.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Uploading our right now…

Wicked event, really enjoyed the course and the atmosphere.

psychle
    Free Member

it was a Sigma 28-70mm EX on a 30D

I don't think that's a bad lens is it? Though I have heard that Sigma lenses can be a little hit and miss re. quality control sometimes? I guess it's possible you've got a bad copy

The 30D is a very good body with excellent AF, you really should've gotten better results than what you did. I can't see the EXIF data for any of the shots, could you let us know the aperture/shutter settings for some of them (that's if you're interested in getting some helpful advice and tips 😉 )?

ciao for now 🙂

Mal-ec
    Free Member

You fairly flew round Matt.
    Thanks to everyone who helped out + put a load of time + effort into make it a good day.
    Any pics of the Tandem in action? They were going for it into the jump park.

DanEvs
    Free Member

Any pics of number 26 please?

The lad falling off (#69) won a pair of Fox forks the jammy get! Well done with that one mate.

Fair play to Matt, set a good pace out the front and he's pretty damn quick in the technical bits as well.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The pictures Nia took are online here

garyfisher
    Free Member

Any pictures of the Cheesy Riders – all number 32?

DanEvs
    Free Member

Thanks Matt, that's great. 8)

If anyone else has any pics of numbers 26 or 39 I'd be really greatful.

madal
    Free Member

Been thinking about the pics posted, OK not the best quality shots, but hey so what?, it's easy to sit behind the PC and "nit pick", you want better shots?, well get off your ass and follow these guys………..we did and the pics are the proof 😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

Great event. Well organised, nice atmosphere and was rather pleased to get a Howies towel at the end!

'Chapeau!' to the tandem crew – hardcore pair!

Only criticism – it wasn't very clear to us non-locals how to get back to the start from the finish!

🙂

cheers_drive

Many thanks to Carl – after I lost a jocky wheel in the rugby field he went home twice to get me one. Top bloke.
    I want to ride some of that off piste stuff in the dry now although I suspect it may now be ruined for a while.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Who's garyfisher above?

And yes, any of team 32?

GaryLake
    Free Member

mad al. richpips talks sense, that's pretty much the method I use to get these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zero303/3608906284/sizes/l/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zero303/3608706308/sizes/l/

psychle
    Free Member

we did and the pics are the proof

But what's the point if the only pics you're going to get aren't very good? Why carry all the expensive gear when you obviously aren't fussed about image quality (or at least don't seem to be)? You should be getting much better results for your efforts, and it'd only take about 5-10 minutes of coaching/tips for some one to show you how… but if you're not interested in improving your photography, I'd suggest selling your DSLR, you're really wasting your time with it… sorry, just my humble opinion…

nickegg
    Free Member

That was my first Brechfa Enduro and looking back now, i loved it! although not at the time!!!!!

But parts (hike-a-bike section) were soul-destroying but i kept going!!!

Thanks to the organisers for giving me the toolbox….that makes it all worth while. It's one of those things i always needed but never got round to buying so i'm well chuffed with that.

Great atmosphere, super-friendly riders and a really challenging course.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Anyone know who the official event photographers were?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Event photographer? Not sure there was anyone official, but I could very well be wrong there.
    Thats useful feedback VDubba, noted for next year.
    I'm sure all the people involved will appreciate your thanks. It made it worth while, seeing people turning up with the right attitude, creating a great atmosphere and finishing with smiles on muddy faces.

Thanks also to the prize donors: Mojo for the forks, Howies for the towels, Singletrack for assorted goodies, Wiggle for the tool kit, I think 661 donated some bits + everyone else.
    There'll be proper thanks e.t.c posted on the website once Carl + Ivy get back for a well earned break.
    See yous all next year.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Will final times get posted?

niloC
    Free Member

Will final times get posted?

yes, start and finish times will be done

madal
    Free Member

"I'd suggest selling your DSLR, you're really wasting your time with it… sorry, just my humble opinion… "

Just who do you think you are? As for your opinion fella? Shove it where the sun doesn't shine. 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

whatever… 🙄 if you'd like some help improving your results, it can be found. If you're happy with what you're currently producing then that's cool as well… my point is that if you are happy with your current results, you really don't need to be lugging 1kg+ of camera gear around to get it, so why not lighten up your load? 😉 I'll leave this thread alone now, after all it wasn't about the photo's was it… see ya 🙂

DanEvs
    Free Member

Is there anything quite as irritating as a camera geek?

psychle
    Free Member

a geek of any order I would have thought 🙄 not that I consider myself a geek, just someone interested in getting the best out of my expensive gear, be it camera/MTB/computer, whatever… don't see the point in buying quality gear if you're not going to learn how to use it effectively 🙂

And Mad Al?

it was a Sigma 28-70mm EX on a 30D :roll:, nuff said I guess

sorry to say, but there's nothing wrong with the lens or body, you're just using it poorly… a bad workman always blames his tools and all that 🙄

JNT
    Free Member

Hi. Mad Al, i was in the race on Sunday. im in one of your pics actually.i was behind the guy in the red top, who ran over the young guy on one of the red descents.

thanks for the snaps.

JNT
    Free Member

oh… I wanted to thank the organisers. It was a great day. I must admit, my favourite bits were the really muddy natural sections! Id rather be slipping and sliding down them that on a boring fire track! It was a good chance to have a giggle with other team members, there was a great atmosphere amongst the competitors.

madal
    Free Member

thanks for the positives guys 8)and DanEvs, you are soooooooooo right……thanks guys 😀

madal
    Free Member

😀 JNT, I asked the fella if he w as OK and all he wanted to know was had I caught it?:oops: Faie play though, he did really well not to take a huge plunge 8O.

Al 😉

JNT
    Free Member

We met your wife at the bottom. We all thought my mate at the front had clipped him and knocked him off. We do that section all the time so are well used to it, its a bit tricky down there if its your first time! What's your connection with Brechfa? do you ride or just like the photography side?

madal
    Free Member

JNT, I rode most of the middle/upper section on the Saturday and we live about 4 miles from there (when I say rode I meant slid/fell/crawled 🙄 :lol:)
    I used to do all my training for running in the forest up until a couple of years back and then I got ill so the brakes came on so to speak 😆

Up there quite a bit and will be there a lot more on the bikes as a family in a few weeks 😉

JNT
    Free Member

Ah, cool. Yeah, there was a lot of 'slide\fell\crawled' going on 🙂 Our team attitude was just to enjoy it and get around together. It was a great day.

JNT
    Free Member

oh… i hope you dont mind. i snaffled one of your photos for my blog http://www.thewayoutwest.co.uk/

madal
    Free Member

No problem, I'll get our details sent to ya and we'll see you guys up there one day 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa Enduro Pics’ is closed to new replies.