Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brechfa – big climbs?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Probalbly going to do a trail centre excursion on Sunday, not really ridden Brecfa, are the climbs as good as at Afan? fancy finding my climbing mojo again, so the longer the better 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s certainly a bit hilly, but nothing very steep. From what I remember of Afan it’s a lot climbier than Brechfa.

ferrals
    Free Member

thats what i though from the one time i went there/looking at strava.

loops of the glyncorrwg climb it is!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Strange, I thought the climbs on the Brechfa black were harder than any of the Afan climbs

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah the Raven has got some horribly steep climbs.

Gorlech is a very long, but fairly easy initial climb, with 2 fairly decent sized climbs before the end.

oldejeans
    Free Member

Some of the Raven climbs were steep but straight. I don’t remember anything particularly techy, but I think I got off and walked a few sections just to save the old legs

chrispo
    Free Member

Brechfa has more climbing than Afan because the descents actually go downhill top to bottom

But none of the climbs are technical like White’s Level

I’ll probably be there Sunday if you fancy company

northerntom
    Free Member

Climbs at brechfa are considerably worse, as in harder.

Afan is all more than manageable.

ferrals
    Free Member

chrispo – Member

Brechfa has more climbing than Afan because the descents actually go downhill top to bottom

But none of the climbs are technical like White’s Level

I’ll probably be there Sunday if you fancy company

What sort of time are you planning on riding, I am probably morning only, guess would aim to get there for 9. Company would be good, though I think you may get bored of waiting for me!!

chrispo
    Free Member

I could meet you at 9. Weather’s looking dodgy, mind.

ferrals
    Free Member

Weather looking much better at afan so am going to head there as its closer for me. Thanks for the offer of company though, keen some other time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa – big climbs?’ is closed to new replies.