Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Breaking a wrist, in summary…………………..DON'T
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

Surely this is the final chapter in my eight month bone breaking adventure!!!!

CONTAINS PICS

Simon

Good stuff. I broke my thumb last year (I wouldn’t recommend that either 🙂 ) so can relate to what you’ve been through.
    I was only off the bike for 2 months but it’s taken 8 months to lose the weight I put on and get my fitness back.
    Good luck!

thorlz
    Free Member

That blog is a pi##er.
    I hope your recovery is a little swifter now. However, should you so much as stub your toe in the future, I now expect a day by day blog to the same high standard.
    🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

thorlz – does that include near misses? I just dodged some kettle splashback while making a brew. Luckily, no biccies were harmed either.

therealhoops
    Free Member

ooh, only 5 more blog hits and I’ll break my record. I think people like reading about me in pain. Ying + Yang

daftvader
    Free Member

Congrats… good luck with the phisio. Keep working at it and it’ll soon be strong again. (Its only taken me 4 months from op to fix 4 ligaments in my wrist to my first real off road ride today) have you got a turbo? It has been invaluable for getting some of my fitness back whilst not being allowed to ride properly. ..

martinh
    Free Member

After two plates, a pin and a severe warning from the consultant, breaking mine again is not something I want to happen. I now railways wear an Allsports Dynamics Wrist Brace. Might seem expensive but compared to bike parts or doing it again its worth considering. I could only find positive comments anywhere on the web.

Good luck with the recuperation, it progresses faster than you think it.

kimbers

youve made no mention whatsoever of masturbation?
    unless you call your penis your assault rifle?

broke my ankle 2 years ago was only in a cast for 9 weeks, supposedly immobilised for the first 6!

but i was able to ride the megavalanche after 12 so I count myself luck

Marmoset
    Free Member

8 months would have driven me mad, well done for surviving that- I was climbing the walls for just six weeks with mine earlier this year, that was bad enough!

As said above, the recuperation isn’t too bad. I just get a sharp pain when braking over bumps now – I think the worst after effects are more psychological than physical, I seemingly think I’m going to snap at the merest sight of a drop off at present……..

Flaperon

Turns out that denim jeans make a good descaler. Who knew? There were only a few stops before I had to get off so I did what I could and then put my jeans back on.

My arm looks more or less normal now apart from the sun tan marks. I look like I’ve just dipped my hand knuckle deep in diarrhea. To save embarrassment I’m just going to tell everyone that I’m a bovine vet with fingerless latex gloves.

Wish I’d thought of this when I broke my wrist.

Edit: Actually, I just wish I could write like you. That blog is brilliant.

skiboy
    Free Member

[URL=http://s852.photobucket.com/user/spearoskiboy/media/IMG_3484.jpg.html][/URL]

skiboy
    Free Member

sorry got called out while writing the text for above

summary :

wrist totalled, much metal and pain for 6 months, some metal removed, metal above still remains and always will, 15 months after crash I’m riding the full Dalby red with no issues followed by 21 mls around the moors then last weekend 32 miles across the chilterns,

slightly bionic but riding better than ever, happy days

therealhoops
    Free Member

By heck we’re a broken bunch and those are some metal-mental xrays!!!

kimbers – don’t worry, I’m ambi-dicktrous.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Daftvader – yep. I’m turbo’d up. Might have to post a pic of my overkill turbobike.

daftvader
    Free Member

tt bike on the turbo or long travel all mountain/dh rig????
    currently got the ss tricross on mine. the road bike has got more road miles in the last 2 weeks than in the last 12 months and yesterday out at swinley i was grinning like a fool! listen to the phisio and also make sure they know what your goals are i.e. getting back on the bike then they may be able to give you a more specific exercise program

therealhoops
    Free Member

just for daftvader

long story short: powder coaters destroyed the metal, not safe to ride, perfectly safe to TT

rear tyre is a Mich Run’r, VERY QUIET

daftvader
    Free Member

carpet in the garage?!?!? otherwise…. EPIC 8)

therealhoops
    Free Member

That carpet has a lot of fans. I should start its own twitter account.

daftvader
    Free Member

I think that might be a fly away success…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Breaking a wrist, in summary…………………..DON'T’ is closed to new replies.